• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Forearm preference...

Forearm preference...

• Corn Cob

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Magpul

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I appreciate both. I do like traditional wood and blued steel. But I have nothing against a well made plastic forearm either. And with the handstop on the magpul, I can see where it would give you a little better control.

If you stiple the magpul with a small soldering iron or wood burner, really textures it up with little time in the project.

While not on a shotgun, here's some stipling I did on the handguard, front grip and mag on my Colt. It's a little rougher texture than skateboard tape and won't lose it's sticky and peel off over time either.

The stipling looks a little better on black than OD to me. Stipled OD gives it more of a football texture look. Still works great though.

WQXPwKO.jpg

Right now I got nothing as I have broken my Boyds foregrip.

It's not a corn cob and it's not a Magpul, so I don't get to vote.

I definitely vote for stippling, and against skateboard tape or anything with sticky glue on it that you put on your gun. That stuff attracts dirt which is okay on a skateboard cuz you're stepping on it. Not for guns, and it gets loose when it warms up so it's not a good deal.

Actually I don't even use skateboard tape on my skateboards anymore. I shoot them with urethane paint and lay on some man-made aquarium sand by hand.

I live in the desert and I just got tired of that griptape getting loose every time it was hot.

Right now I got nothing as I have broken my Boyds foregrip.

It's not a corn cob and it's not a Magpul, so I don't get to vote.

I definitely vote for stippling, and against skateboard tape or anything with sticky glue on it that you put on your gun. That stuff attracts dirt which is okay on a skateboard cuz you're stepping on it. Not for guns, and it gets loose when it warms up so it's not a good deal.

Actually I don't even use skateboard tape on my skateboards anymore. I shoot them with urethane paint and lay on some man-made aquarium sand by hand.

I live in the desert and I just got tired of that griptape getting loose every time it was hot.

Agreed, I`m not a fan of adhesives being applied to my firearms! I`m using a stippled grip my Justin Potts and love it!

101_8656.JPG

NOTE: I re-measured the bobbed Hogue, and I took 1-1/8" off the front, not 1.5".

I haven`t decided what to do yet if anything but I appreciate it....thanks! I`ll need to get that tool if I end up using the Houge.

I have still not fixed my broken Boyd's but I intend to bed it solid with epoxy and fiberglass. After that I'm thinking I might Inlet some rubber grips into the forestock.

Back