• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Frog Lube... Time will tell..

For what it is worth, about 12 months ago, I totally cleaned and lubed my 590A1 with Frog Lube; I tried to absolutely follow the instructions to the point of having a "heat gun" heat the parts to the optimum suggested temperature. My 590A1 is only a home self-defensive tool which I keep in a safe, hoping that my "un-safed" pistols and revolvers will allow us to fight to the safe if the SHTF. Anyway, I "un-safed" the 590A1 to check on it and found it was so totally "gummed up" that I could not cycle the same. Quickly, I am stripping the same and taking all my solvents to the 590A1. The Frog Lube goes in the "garbage." I would not want Frog Lube to "touch" any weapon of my ever again. I just hope the solvents I have will get rid of any residue. The only tool I have that I applied Frog Lube to is the 590A1. Lucky me!!
i
Are y’all leaving it wet with the lube when y’all put it away? Mine is dry to the touch.

When I was putting it back together after painting I sprayed down the action pieces with Rem oil.
Experiment over I guess. Nothing bad happed using FL but I didn’t have any on hand. I doubt I’ll use it again unless I bump into it on sale.
But then again, I wonder if it would be easier on my newly painted matte finish than Breakfree, etc?

Clean with Hoppes 9, wipe it all down, then Rem oil or other. No others for 60 years on my guns. They all function as new..............or at least from when they came to me.

Back