• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Front sight.

930fan

.22LR
Hi all.
I replaced the front sight on my 930 but when I turn the new one in all the way the light pipe is sitting 45 degrees sideways. How can I get it straight?
Thanks.

It this is what I'm envisioning then the threaded post on the sight it slightly longer than the one on the bead removed.

If this is the case I see 4 solutions:

• Call the manufacturer of the sight This would be my first choice.
  • Take it to a gunsmith
  • Use a file to carefully shorten the threaded post of the sight.
  • Use loctite to hold it place. This could be bad, depending on the tyoe used it could be jarred askew at any time or it could become permenant to the point it cant be removed without a lot of heat

Some pics would be of help

Filing the post. Why didn't I think of that? :oops: As for the locktite I always use the blue stuff. With enough pressure I can get it loose again.
Thanks for the reply.

Glad I could help. Post back and let us know when you get it sorted out.

930fan said:
Filing the post. Why didn't I think of that? :oops: As for the locktite I always use the blue stuff. With enough pressure I can get it loose again.
Thanks for the reply.

Did it work?

No it didn't. The stud was too short already and the sight was sitting on the rip on a 45 degree angle. I could have shimmed the sight to sit straight but then it would have been too high. I installed a Uni Bead sight by Dead Ringer.

Bummer. Sorry it didn't work out. Glad you found one that did.

Back