• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fun with Brasso

Bathrobeman

.270 WIN
So I had some time on my hands and some Brasso under the sink. No, I didn't make dope, I polished the bolt on my Mav 88.
I hit with Brasso a little when I smoothed out the action, but it just didn't have that "bling." I'm guessing maybe it might have had a protective coating on it maybe I dunno. But don't fret boys, I have the rust and corrosion under control.
Anyway this time instead of just using a rag Brasso I used sandpaper and Brasso, followed by the rag. It took a little elbow grease to get it to shine but it shined up nice.
As for the rust, I oiled and waxed it so it'll be ok. Besides, I don't store it in a barn and I clean it after I shoot.
BEFOREIMG_2052.JPG
AFTER
IMG_2055.JPG

That looks nice. I've done some polishing on various firearms in the past as a hobby and sometimes out of boredom. Sometimes using Mothers Mag, Brasso or just plain old 600 grit wet/dry emery paper. Looks like that bolt polished up nicely.

That looks nice. I've done some polishing on various firearms in the past as a hobby and sometimes out of boredom. Sometimes using Mothers Mag, Brasso or just plain old 600 grit wet/dry emery paper. Looks like that bolt polished up nicely.
Thanks man. Yeah you nailed it with boredom. It gave me something to do.

Back