• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Game plan for a new MVP

24Carat

.22LR
I have a new MPV ordered and after research I've decided to order a higher quality 50mm than the Barska that I have seen mixed negative reviews about.

Several comments have advised upgrading to 3 screw Weaver rings and I was wondering if a mid height or high set of rings would be appropriate with a 50mm scope? What would the original rings be considered? Mid or High?

Also, I have misplaced the URL and forgot the name for that source of accurizing bullets that lap the barrel.

Thanks in advance.

I believe the oem rings are mid height. You want the scope as low as you can get it. It all depends on the brand I scope and brand of rings you go with.

rjpoog1989 said:
I believe the oem rings are mid height. You want the scope as low as you can get it. It all depends on the brand I scope and brand of rings you go with.

It is a higher quality scope with a 30mm tube and a 50mm objective so it is dimensionally identical .

Original Weaver rings will be used.

Back