• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gave the 590 a work out...

6MT

So, I tried out trap today for the very first time. I know, the 590 20" persuader is not optimal, but the very nice club organizer told me "just bring what 'ya got". So, after the rules were explained, I watched round one from the sidelines. Then, I dove right in. My first round was only 9 hits out of 25. Round two, I hit double digits with 11 out of 25. And round three, I hit 10 out of 25. Lots of tips and pointers between rounds helped me too. So, 30 hits in 75 rounds, and a sore right arm and shoulder. But boy, did I ever have fun!

I'm going to try it again. And may even look into a trap gun. If you haven't tried it, you should. Great people ...fun times!

I don't have any kind of hunting club around where I am at.

Around here, we just go buy a box of clay pigeons, some shells and load up the truck and drive out to a few prime places to get out the thrower.

Sounds like you did well for the first time doing it.

Once you get into trap with the proper gun and a proper mount, that sore shoulder will go away.
Not that I know anything about Trap.
Actually I know a little, just enough to have a few trophies and my wife was the Connecticut Ladies Champ in 2013 & 2014
If you ever have any questions on guns or anything about the game please feel free to ask.
Just be careful cause the game is EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE!

Back