• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

GG&G sling attachments

okie930owner

Copper BB
As I said I a recent post I just installed a set of GG&G solid side mount sling attachments on my Mossberg 930 Tactical. This is the side mount that go in front of the forearm and the rear mounts between the back of the receiver and the butt stock. Long story short I didn't like the set up. I just want a sling for regular old over the shoulder carry. Well 18" from the front attachment to the rear one doesn't hang very well on the shoulder. My temporary solution was to simply detach the sling from the receiver attachment and reattach it to the swivel stud on the underside of the Choate Mk. 5 butt stock. There is a slight twist going from side mount to underneath mount but it ain't bad. I may replace the front side attachment later on with an underneath attachment if I can find one for the 930. I did not, however, take the rear receiver attachment off. Here's what I'm thinking. Fabricate a sturdy steel J hook that would fit easily through the 1.25" slot on the rear sling attachment. Maybe make it a little smaller like maybe 1 1/8" or so. Then that could be screwed into a wall stud. Seeing as how the sling attachment is on the side opposite of the ejection port and charging handle I would use this as a hanger to hang my shotgun on the wall in a muzzle down position. Seems like it would be great for easy access and you could put them anywhere. My question is does anyone know of any hardware currently available like this?

Back