• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ghost ring ?

Big Ray

Copper BB
I am looking for any input on the Mossberg Ghost Ring sites. I am purchasing a 590A1 shotgun Ghost ring site with the single post at the end of the barrel. I also saw a picatinny rail with a Ghost Ring site that had a "winged" front post and fiber optic in it. These were factory Mossbergs. Both MilSpec heavy walled barrels (metal trigger guard and safety etc). Now I'm guessing which would be a better benefit? Thanks in advance.

Big Ray said:
I am looking for any input on the Mossberg Ghost Ring sites. I am purchasing a 590A1 shotgun Ghost ring site with the single post at the end of the barrel. I also saw a picatinny rail with a Ghost Ring site that had a "winged" front post and fiber optic in it. These were factory Mossbergs. Both MilSpec heavy walled barrels (metal trigger guard and safety etc). Now I'm guessing which would be a better benefit? Thanks in advance.

Hello-

I'm still a new guy here but I have been searching an reading everything I can find about the different Mossberg Ghost Ring Sight (GRS) sets.

As far as I can tell there are three different GRS sets available from Mossberg. Each one is a different height.

The first set is the lowest and is found on the model #51663. This one has no rail but Aimpro makes a railed GRS that will mount directly to the receiver and line up with the front sight base.

The second set is found on the Blackwater edition and has the XS rear railed sight. This one, the rear section, does not mount directly to the receiver and has to be drilled and tapped.

The third, and tallest, is found on the 590A1 SPX model and has the winged front sight base. The rear is a two piece rail and LPA rear sight. With this one you can buy the Mossberg factory picatinny rail and mount it directly to the receiver and the LPA sight will clamp directly to that and line up with the front sight base.

Back