• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning MOSSBERG Owners !!

To say it's cold here would be a gross understatement...

So...
today's cold winter scene:

7r8lSPN.jpg

A chilly good morning to all of you snow belters and shivering Sunbelters.

I see it is 60 degrees on my porch, but last night it got down to 41.

I remember living in Minnesota when it got down to minus 41. That's the coldest I've ever been in my whole life.

On the other hand the stock market is heating up like crazy. 25,000 it's not something I would have believed had you told me a year ago.

But this is the most amazing thing: the stability of this year!

"There wasn’t a single day last year when the S.&P. 500 fluctuated more than 2 percent, a level of low volatility unseen since the mid-1960s..."
James Stack, a market historian and president of InvesTech Research.

So Good Morning America!

The unicorns and rainbows and butterflies all sound wonderful, Until you realize, that dream comes without any greenbacks.

Half the pundits are predicting an imminent crash on Wall Street. My feeling is that as long as mr. Trump remains president the stock market will continue to rise.

One of the big reasons is that when America is hurting the world is hurting and because America is hurting much less right now, the whole world is recovering with it.

Including our enemies of course. The rising tide lifts All Ships.

Still, this is going to give America the economic clout to Scuttle the Islamic powergrab, fostered by the Clintons and their ilk. It's time for Mister Trump to sneak in there and pull their bilge plugs.

Arrrrrrrrrr!

Good morning Mossberg lovers. Now tomorrow has turned into today and I am heading to the gun show in about two hours. We have clear skies and 22, supposed to be in the high 40s, maybe even 50 later today.

This show isn't as big as the one that was in town in November so hopefully it won't be quite as crowded.

Have a great day and be safe.

Still Frigid here in the Northeastern part of the country...Stay Warm My Friends !!

ES4KOKN.jpg

Good morning Mossberg owners.
It's 58 degrees on my porch right now and a gentle rain is falling. We finally had some much-needed snowpack fall in the High Sierra mountains, which is what we will be drinking and irrigating with this summer.

Well it has been a whole year since the Especial assault weapons registration should have commenced.

Lawyers have tied things up in court and so far no massive registrations have been made AFAIK. The courts have kicked the football another 6 months up the field, so now the registration date is July.

It's interesting to watch the interplay of society as our lawmakers attempt to deal with crime in the most ignorant and childlike manner possible. I have become concerned that the entire California State Assembly and legislature, governor, and most of the mayors are all on drugs.

I think that the President should call for the immediate on-the-job Drug Testing of all California state elected officials.

You realize that the most dangerous man in America, according to our politicians in California, is a guy in Washington with a big red button, who does not smoke, drink or take drugs.

Meanwhile, Hollywood, that Bastion of flagrant drug abuse, drunkenness, and random sexual abuse, believes that they are most qualified to set our national course, because they all got rich and important by pretending to be other people, or by being predatory Show Business moguls.

Our government in California is building a high-speed bullet train they don't have the money for, because they're spending the enormous taxes we pay supporting and defending foreign miscreants.

Agriculture is the biggest industry in the state but it's run by conservative people, businessmen and farmers, and so their state government tries to cut them off at the knees to control their power, by constantly restricting and raising rates on the water that they use.

But even sucking on that Revenue Source they can't find the money to maintain the dams and waterways necessary to keep selling that water.

And because they are allowing so much of this water to escape, in the name of preserving smelt, they will now have to build a tunnel underneath the Sacramento River delta to carry water from the far north of the state down to the south.

We have a river system that runs pretty much the length of the state from Bakersfield to Redding, connecting up at the Frisco Bay. In rainy years it used to be navigable that entire Distance by Steamboat.

What California needs to do is make that River completely navigable with locks and Gates so that they can store water in it and cut down on the enormous amount of truck traffic that carries food up and down the state. This would promote business and agriculture increase our water supply and decrease air pollution, while still allowing the population of smelt and increasing the fish population in our Rivers.

But it also means that the farming and business interests in the state would take over the lead from the entertainment and show people.

Don't look for that to happen as long as they control the media. We're going to get a multi-billion-dollar bullet train boondoggle that will stop in its tracks at the first minor terrorist threat.

We will end up spending billions more and to secure and police A system that any idiot can dusable if he wants to sneak onto the tracks.

A whole lot of California's homeless people are living on the main rail corridor, and of course they are all being displaced by the construction going on. They don't have a whole lot to lose in our society being on the Bottom Rung but a lot of them have axes to grind with big businesses and big government and Big Ideas that ended up stepping on their lives somehow.

I understand how the liability of the situation is not gaining public notice. The public is busy paying attention to political gossip and Hollywood divorces. The media constantly points them in that direction.

By the way that bullet train is going to parallel the most famous earthquake fault in the entire world, and you might imagine horrible things could happen if that train shakes sideways because the parallel fault drops, as the train is going 180 miles an hour.

Of course our state feels quite comfortable making huge tunnels to convey our water, because if they collapse, it won't be the officials in Sacramento getting hurt.

We're going on with these huge building projects as if the risks did not exist. Not only are we pouring money into things we can't afford and shouldn't buy, but what that money is buying us will be huge liabilities in the very likely case that we have increasing earthquakes.

Be stable my friends and have a good day.

Good Morning MO's!!

Still cold bere but supposed to warm tomorrow.

Start the new job tomorrow and feel like I'm coming down with something. Damn it!!!!! My GF has had the plague for about a week. Bad timing but inevitable I suppose.

Good morning Mossberg forum. Cadd, very well put. I watch what goes on in California and just shake my head. What you said about hollywood is the reason I have not watched any of the awards shows in over a decade. The egos and arrogance are more than I could stomach. Then you have the lame brain politicians trying to please them to keep the campaign money flowing.

I think California is lost to liberalism forever, Too many wild pigs Have eaten the free corn and three sides of the fence are up. The next step is the final section of fence to finish the pen. Then the wild pigs will be free no more.

Ripjack, the pics this week have reminded me of the 60 years I lived in . Missouri, Ohio, and Nebraska. We rarely get snow in Tulsa, and when we do it usually does not last long. I don't miss the cold but I do enjoy waking up to a fresh snowfall from time to time.t

I went to the gun show yesterday. I didn't buy anything, but I enjoyed the show. Today I am going to do some painting around the kitchen windows as it is supposed to rain this afternoon.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg lovers. Sunny this morning and 37 already. Nothing like the pics Shooter keeps posting of the winter wonderland. Beautiful pictures, relaxing and exhilarating at the same time.

Well, not much going on today. My girlfriends birthday is Thursday so I need to find her a nice card. That will be one of my to do things today. I got a couple of gift cards for Academy sports for Christmas so maybe I'll run by there as well see what they have that I might want or need.

I hope you all have a great day. Have fun and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

We had a very good rain last night. In fact we had a surprising amount and I'm very pleased.

It's 57 degrees here with overcast and drizzle. I have a contractor digging up the ground and tomorrow they're going to pour a concrete curb along my driveway.

This will replace the neighbor's termite filled railroad tie Landscaping, which has actually been on my property, and in disrepair for quite some time.

Because of the heavy rain, the ground is soft this morning & the digging is going quite well.

Good Afternoon MOSSBERG Owners !!

Well...it's a balmy 27 degrees right now...but an icy winter mix ( snow & rain ) is gonna blow in between 1pm and 9pm...

So, here we go again...!!

Good morning . Foggy and 36 in Tulsa this morning. The high later is forecast to be 52, then tomorrow close to 60. I like that.

Shooter, you are really going to appreciate spring when it gets to you.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

It's a balmy 35 degrees currently here in the Keystone State...first day of temperatures over freezing in two weeks.

So, I'm gonna wash the Jeep and get all that damn road salt off of it...before it rusts right through !!

Here's a picture of some melting snow for you all...

EYoBHwA.jpg

Mornin fellas...It's a nice 35* here. We had a light 1" or so last night.

Well, I love a frozen pipe,
it's such a beautiful sight.
I love to feel the spray on my face,
taste the drips on my lips,
in the basement shadows.

When Im done, hot showers wash all my cares away,
I wake up to a frozen sunny day,
'cause I love a frozen pipe.
Yeah, I love a frozen pipe.
Well, I love a frozen pipe.
Well, I love a frozen pipe....

Had a pipe burst in the cellar/garage area Sunday just about 4:30 and finally had it cleaned up around 9.
the wall mount slop sink is in the garage and the pipe was against the outside wall. after cleaning everything and looking in the wall on the basement side of the wall, I saw a huge hole in the wall. There was old pink insulation in there, but it was frozen, and there was a steady breeze coming in from behind the door jamb. Whoever installed the door did a crap job cutting the opening hole for it. seems like they smashed the bottom 2' with a sledge hammer to finish the cut. morons.
so....after drying it, and cleaning it out, I sprayed expanding foam in there. all set. need to get some 3/8" drywall for one side of the wall, and trim up the foam to install it. But I'm almost done.....

26196307_10215076808057040_8657575745990016808_n.jpg

26229724_10215076786056490_950804598754032891_n.jpg

26230877_10215076786216494_9000768075313715123_n.jpg

stay warm.....

Good Morning MO's.

Second day of new job, halk way through my 3 day orientation. I think my head is going to explode.

Back