• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good evening Mossberg owners.

Remember when you volunteer to paint something that's like volunteering to dig a hole.

You don't know how hard it's going to be until you actually start digging it. It could be rocks or roots or hardpan.

When you start prepping something to paint you don't really know what's under the surface.

In this case it was four to five coats of different paint whose various chemistries evidently did not play well at some point.

This meant that the paint had to be heated with a gun and scraped off. Scraping off the chemical mess that resulted was easier said than done.

Any ho, this is a 6 panel double door and most of the inside of one leaf is complete and ready to Prime, so I am about 1/8 of the way through this project.

This is another one of those things that I've been putting off for 15 years.

But it's a good week for this because it's just raining like crazy and we're inside the insulated garage scraping paint. At that, daytime temperatures have been in the high 60s in spite of the rain. It almost has tropical feel to it.

Good morning Mossberg forum. We have 45 degrees under partly cloudy skies. The high this afternoon is supposed to be in the lower 70s. It looks like a very nice day is in store for us.

I finished another small project yesterday so today I can play a bit today. I am thinking the Nomad gets a spring cleaning and then a short ride this afternoon.

Cadd, that is quite the door you have there. I have not taken that much paint off of anything in many years, but I remember how tedious it can be. So are you going to repaint it or stain it ?

I wonder what Elbert and Scoop are up to ?

Mornin fellas.
It's 39° over here, nice n sunny too. Last night's noreaster turned into a snore easter. We have about 2" of that crap which will melt away this week or so. But the snowblower is finally back together! Only took a couple hours. I forgot to take pics of the auger bushing as I was disassembling it, and couldn't remember which way it went back together.
Doh!
I got it now after a few tries. Runs like a champ and no extra parts! Well besides the auger housing that I replaced.

Cad, what color are you painting the door when it's done?

Mean Streak I'm afraid it's just you and me and Ripjack. The whole rest of the country has been snowed under and they're either trying to shovel out the car, or their internet is down and they're not even able to say good morning.

This is why everybody moves to California and the people that run the place know it & they tax the snot out of everyone. See in spite of all of this American Heritage that we talked about the real American way is tax tax tax!

For all his hopes of fixing things mr. Donald Trump did not realize that being president is not the same thing as being the boss of things.

It's more like being a den mother and every little Cub Scout comes to you with his scraped knee and splinted finger.

God knows I wish the Man well, but I don't know how much he's going to be able to pull off in the face of what he's up against.

We are still getting rain this morning and they have several feet of new snow packed in the mountains which is wonderful, and also all of my drainage is working fabulously well.

We spent a lot of time and money basically arranging drainage so that any runoff from neighboring properties is handled without flooding us out.

That is one half of a 2 panel door and I can't believe how much paint was on it. It's worse than doing spindle work by far.

I have a big tarp over the front of my house to keep out the massive rains, Aluminum Awnings out back to protect the patio and a canvas awning over my old car, and so far everything is holding

Wow...everything melted already!
Almost back to normal...

Good Friday Morning!

index.php
index.php

I hope y`all have a great weekend!

Mornin everyone....it's 32 out right now. Supposed to get up to 47 today. May have to break out the shorts if it gets up to 50!
Cad, I just saw all the flooding going on out there. You're safe?

Stay dry...

Good morning MOers. High clouds this morning over Tulsa with a temp of 59. It is windy though, but I don't have to shovel wind.

It looks like a spring weekend in store for us. 70s today, 80 Saturday, and storms Sunday.

Cadd, I'm glad your drainage system is working as planned. Hopefully it won't be overwhelmed.

Yesterday afternoon I cleaned on the Nomad for about two hours. I think today I'll try to ride it for a couple of hours.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Be safe out there.

Good morning Mossberg owners. Clear skies and 62 with no wind this morning. Looks to be a beautiful day here in Tulsa.

I did not get to ride yesterday, but will today for sure. The high later should be near 80.

I like that downspout rip. Someone was very creative.

Well, there is supposed to be an anti gun protest in Tulsa today. The media says it was organized by local high school students, but of course there will be democrat politicians there to cheer them on , and according to the news reports they will have voter registration going on as well. It sounds to me like the democrats are behind this all the way. Sign up those young minds before they learn common sense.

I am staying away as it seems to me like a good place for trouble to start. But, I think gun owners need to start working against this "movement" by calling our representatives, both state and federal, and local officials as well. They need to hear from us now.

Anyways, have a good day and stay vigilant.

Good Saturday Morning Mossbergers.....
Grandson is here all weekend! Remote control tank and x-wing fighter are all charged up and ready. Then it's a session with the bb gun....he wants to learn how to shoot. Need to learn em some respect for living things first. It's not all video games crap. Can't just push reset if you shoot something....
Enjoy the day....

Good morning MOers. Well, the march for life, sort of has an anti abortion ring to it, is over. I have never seen so much news coverage since the 9-11 attacks. Of course it was all one sided, but that is to be expected.

I did get to ride a couple of hours yesterday. The temperature was in the mid 70s with a wind out of the south about 10 mph. Pretty darned nice.

Today I have a rifle to clean. It's a new to me Stevens Savage 87A I got at the gun show last weekend. Near as I can tell it was manufactured between 1938 and 1945 and looks to be in very good condition. I'll know more in a couple of hours.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Mornin fellas. Late start to the day today. Going to have breakfast with the kids and group birthday party.

Enjoy the day.

:gift:

:coffee:

Good morning MO coffee club. A cloudy start to the week. It's 56 and windy, 15 mph out of the southeast. We have a good chance for rain everyday through Thursday. They say we could get 2-3 inches the next few days. We could use it for sure.

I hope you all start the week off on the right foot. Have a great day and stay safe.

Mornin everyone ....

Cleaning out the garage and shop today.
40° outside with some wind. So I'll not be wearing shorts just yet....

Good morning MOers. Cloudy and and light rain with a temp of 53. We should see the sun in a couple of days. We do need the rain.

I have another bathroom to paint and this looks like a good time to get after that. I still have not found a paint brush that fits my hand.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning MOers. Cloudy again, 48 degrees though so not too bad. We have received about 3 inches of rain the past day and a half which was much needed.

Darn it Rip, I have been using that excuse for 40 years, and now you find me one that might fit. LOL. I do appreciate the kind thoughts though.

I hope you all have a nice day.

Mornin fellerz. The wife is home today. Wonder what kind of things will be on my honeydo list now....

Back