• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

12655.jpeg
Well at $3.20 apiece with tax, these hollow lead, copper-bonded ,nickel-plated, trophy grade Federal PowerShok moose killers should take care of even a Sasquatch! (left)

Now if I'm just going after ordinary werewolf, demon or vampire I will rub some garlic on the $2.20 Winchesters and have at it. (right)

But for your garden-variety Caribou or chupacabra, the $1.75 Hornady will do the trick! (bottom)

Good morning Mossberg lovers. Clear skies and 79 in Tulsa this morning. The next two or three days are going to be rather warm in Oklahoma. Triple digits, not unheard of for sure, but still warm.

I am heading to Omaha later this morning. I'll get to spend the weekend with the kids and grandkids.

You all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning Meanie.
It's going to be in the mid 100s here all week and well into next week.

I want to go shoot the new Marlin but my wife has therapy today and the rifle range is closed and I have guys coming over to lay tile.

So I think I'll hang out in the garage and try to stay cool.

Arrived in Omaha about an hour ago. Nice drive up. I drove through Topeka about 30 minutes before thunderstorms blew through with 70-80 mph winds and torrential rain. As I got close to Omaha I could see the tops of the storms in Iowa that were tornadic. Of course I could not tell that as they were 100 miles to the east of me.

Good morning from Omaha. It was 67 and clear when I got up about an hour ago. The wind was northerly at 10 mph. A beautiful morning for sure.

I am going to fly for about an hour and a half, then visit a friend in town. I think he and I are going to an indoor range for target practice. Looks like an excellent day unfolding.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning from Omaha. It was 67 and clear when I got up about an hour ago. The wind was northerly at 10 mph. A beautiful morning for sure.

I am going to fly for about an hour and a half, then visit a friend in town. I think he and I are going to an indoor range for target practice. Looks like an excellent day unfolding.

Good luck buddy. I don't miss flying too often, but when I do miss it I miss it a lot. After my eye surgery I keep thinking I could go get my medical and join a club. I'd have to give up all my other toys to afford even a Cub-class aircraft of my own.

But I don't have any stick time in the most common ones. It would mean more instruction and check rides and mandatory flight time, annuals, partners that flake out, mess up the cabin, ground-loop the new prop, blah blah blah. . . well I'm just not up to it now.

Today its more cabinet work, and they're laying more tile.
I'm trying to stay out of the way.

Mission accomplished, or I should say both missions accomplished. The flying went as expected, uneventful. The shooting left a lot to be desired.

Wish I was there....

We got the kitchen wood work finished today + had shower and bathroom floor tiled, and it gets grouted tomorrow.

They broke my stone, twice! and I just approved the new slabs for fab, so we should have a kitchen again next Fri.

:mornin:

Mornin fellas. Grand kid weekend this time. He wants to learn how to shoot a bow. So we're going to go to an indoor archery center down the road. Fit em for a bow and see how he likes it. Right now he has a nerf bow. He does need some more self control and less, i don't know, snowflake attitude, i guess.

Cheers folks...

Kids need manly roll models. Even the girls.

Today they don't understand how men and women should be.

How women got to be more like men is partly by getting men to behave more like women. They closed the gap, at least in their own minds.

I think we're seeing more manly backlash these days, but I don't think girls expect as much as they used too. The Feminazis have them convinced we're all damaged objects of pity.

OK, I've run out of rant early. Have a nice Saturday guys.

Good morning MOers. I'm back in Tulsa. I drove back yesterday afternoon. I had a nice visit, albeit short, with the kids and grandkids. It's a muggy 76 this moring with high clouds. It looks like this week will be cooler than last with highs in the low to mid 90s instead if triple digits. That suits me fine.

Today I'll have a little catch up to do in the yard, then back to my normal routine.

Good morning fellas.

I got Judy out of the house yesterday for a little shopping and a nice breakfast but she's still limping around with a brace on her leg.

Nevertheless, she did make it all the way around Home Depot to look at new refrigerators and washing machines and shower doors, and then did a tour around Smart & Final for some groceries.

@Djcala, that looks a lot like the famous Tule fog we get in the valley. When you see it from the air it's like a big muffin sitting on top of everything.

Well it's going to be over a hundred degrees again today and I'm going to hang out in the garage with the air conditioner on.

We have guys coming to lay more tile. The counter tops will not be finished until at least Friday because they have broken the stone twice.

If they break it again I'm going to choose a different stone!

With our house all torn apart and us basically cooking and living in the garage, it is difficult to motivate myself for any other activities but the bare minimum.

I decided we needed more money for this project so I got online and took out a loan from the credit union. I hated myself for doing that, because we don't owe a single dime to anyone for anything. Now I'm going to be in debt again. ;(

I haven't tried to go shoot the new rifle nor have I bothered to work on any of the ones that need repair.

I have new Springs to put on my truck but I wont get around to that yet either.

No way am I going to tear the motorcycle apart for a new clutch right now.

I'd really like to put new brakes and struts on my Camry. Not going to happen.

I'm out of propane, but I do have charcoal, so maybe I will barbecue some chicken today. Otherwise it's going to be cold cuts & canned beans.

I expect this is going to drag out at least 3 more weeks. I think I'll take a nap...ZzZzzzzzzzz...

Ya'll have a good one.

Last edited:
Good morning MOers. We'll be mid 90s here.

Cadd, your place is sure gonna be nice when it's finished. Like a new house only better.

I got the yard work taken care of yesterday so today will be a little more relaxed. I need to do some cleaning and organizing in the garage. Today might be the day I start that.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

It's quite cool this morning and I want to go shooting but I have to take my wife for physical therapy. By the time she gets out it will be too hot and I won't want to go.

Fresno has had 18 consecutive days over 100 degrees and the record of 21 days is being approached with every expectation of seeing it topple.

Well there will be absolutely no contractors at our house for at least 2 days so I'm going to continue goofing off.

Maybe I'll make a barbecued pork roast this afternoon. I have a nice loin all marinated and ready to go on the grill.

It looks like injunctions have been in granted in California against 2 of our onerous new anti-gun laws. I didn't think there were any more judges in this state who would stand up to reason in the face of politics.

Three cheers for reason, and have a nice day.

:coffee:

Mornin fellas. it's a rainy day here. off n on. maybe all week too.
went and got a new tattoo on sunday with the wife...

37653784_10216720173020137_5661085118844895232_n.jpg

Only took 20 or 30 tries before I got my signature that neat. Darn chicken scratch.... She did hers on the first try.

Interesting note on my signature I just realized. The little curl on the M under it, is wrong. Damn it. I dont make a curl. It's just straight down....need to fix it somehow....
Son of a....

Back