• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning fellas. 77 and clear this morning. From the looks of the weather radar it appears we might get some rain today. As usual we could use some as we are about 10 inches below normal, whatever that is, for the year.

Have a great day and be safe.

:coffee:
mornin....its 77 up here too! and yes, it's supposed to rain here too....

My knee is painful. i ice move and repeat...a few times i have twisted wrong on it, and :omg:....

so much for cleaning up the shop.....

The Russians are coming the Russians are coming!!!

How many of you are old enough to remember that silly movie?

But all we're reading in the paper here is fire fire fire and Russians Russians Russians.

Right now we have an area burning that is larger than the state of Maryland. Actually I think Fresno County is almost the size of Maryland, but that's beside the point. There are over 3000 brave men out there fighting these fires right now in California. Many have been injured and several are dead from vehicle accidents and falling trees.

I smell something this morning that I haven't smelled in a long time though---over a month.

When you live in the desert you can smell rain coming and I'm smelling it. This is the first morning I have woke up to find that pervasive smoke coming down from the Yosemite area wasn't low to the ground but it has lifted because there is an undercurrent of cool moist air coming.

Perhaps it's just an ocean breeze but I've got my fingers and toes crossed.

Meanwhile Facebook is trying to look very correct has they police their Pages against the evil Russian influence.

But people don't understand, and mind you these are the same kind of people that in Sacramento are paying criminals extra welfare money each month to stay out of trouble. . .

(IMO, those idiots are prisoners in their own State House.)

But they don't understand that a rising tide lifts All Ships and that if American economy does well that the world economy does better and because of that even the Russians will do better if we do well.

Look at the Obama era when Americans suffered economically so so much, and you will find the Russians suffered even worse!

But now that the American economy has turned around, the world economy is turning around, and Russia is doing better too.

According to the Sacramento people this extra money should help keep them out of trouble.

Anyhow that's today's political rant.

They (The building contractors . . . not the Russians) demolished my second bathroom and my laundry room yesterday, and today I believe they will start repairing the drywall and plastering.

I put up a new range hood and track lights, and replaced my garish entry hall Chandelier with a understated classic dome light. I was out bargain shopping, and I got a terrific deal on all of that stuff.

But I really hate putting up ceiling lights, for it's difficult for me to see over my head with eyeglasses. I need some different specs for that kind of work.

Today I'm going to relax a little bit and restore my bathroom window.

It's all taken to pieces on my reloading bench right now and I am cleaning it all up. So far however I have not found architectural bronze spray paint.

I will have to go to an industrial place, as none of your common hardware stores carry this shade of paint used on about 90% of the anodized windows in America.

Everybody just buys new windows but because I was a window & door engineer for 5 years I know how to rebuild them.

Okay everybody . . . work hard and we'll meet here tomorrow. Keep your hopes up and your powder dry!

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Cloudy and 71 this morning. We had thunderstorms roll through yesterday afternoon and left us with a very nice rain. We got well over an inch, perhaps two, in a little over an hour.

Today looks like it could be a repeat of yesterday.

Rip, I have been fortunate as that I have never had knee surgery. I can't imagine what the recovery is like, but I hope your recovery is speedy.

Cadd, it sounds like you are going to basically have a new house when all is done. Once it is finished you can get back to your retirement.

You all have a great day.

I need some different specs for that kind of work.

periscoop-voor-kinderen-620843-by-navir-110x110cm-b21.jpg

mornin fellas. it's muggy up yonder here. I'm sticky already....
we may get a shower here and there today, and they say the rest of the week as well.

stay dry...enjoy the day...

Good morning friends.

Well we didn't get a single drop of rain and we will continue to have temperatures in the mid-hundreds throughout the month of August, as per usual in the desert.

They are painting and texturing in my house today, so everything should dry quite quickly.

We're having to do this just a couple of rooms at a time, as we move things all around the house.

But it's coming along finally. I bought a new Kenmore stainless steel stove yesterday to replace the defective GE sent by Ferguson's. I crawled around on the floor at Sears and look at the stickers to see which one was made in Mexico and which one in America.

All the ones in my wife's price range are made in Mexico. I picked the only one that was made in France LOL.

It was also by far the best design and construction in that price range.

Anyhow it will match my new refrigerator and the rest of the kitchen quite nicely.

20180807_130415_resized.jpg

This is the Presenza Italia Hood, made in China. It's about three times nicer than the GE Hood made in China.

Rumor is that American stainless producers can't keep up and that even units that say made in America are assembled here of Chinese stainless steel.

Electrolux valves from France and Korean timer controllers. . .

It's his multinational As It Gets in the kitchen.

20180807_125707.jpg
Close-up showing low quality cabinet work of the chinese-made General Electric stove. In the old days this would have been welded and buffed off.

Now you have a food trap that points at the sky, right under the front of this range. Anything that runs down the oven door into that crack will be in the door rotting, until the day you junk that stove, or pull all the screws out of the thing and disassemble it for cleaning.

Good morning MOers. Clear skies and 70 . It looks like we will be mostly dry for the weekend. Maybe a stray shower tomorrow.
We are heading to the lake later today and the forecast looks the same there.

Too many things made in China are not up to the quality standards we used to enjoy. I try to avoid that stuff if at all possible. Unfortunately for anyone under the age of 30 years old this has become the, norm. Cheap stuff imported to the USA in pieces and assembled here.

Anyways, have a great day and stay vigilant.

Mornin fellas....

Cad, the less people know how things "should" be made, the better for big business. They just keep lowering their quality and we just take it, bent over....
Not me....I have it "brainwashed" into my grandson, that China=crap...
Everyone knows i hate things made in china/Taiwan ....
However, I do absolutely love their food. Just had some last night.
I dont blame the Chinese for making crap. I blame us for not setting higher standards for them and accepting whatever inferior product they put out....

Off the pt today. Wife is taking me. My pt therapist is a lil cutie, so, my wife wants to go look....
Heh heh heh....

Good afternoon, or maybe early evening. We drove to the lake, arrived about 4 pm. It's only 75 miles, easy drive.

The weather's great. Clear skies and 90. We are settled in and finished supper. Rotisserie chicken, baked beans, and diced cucumbers with tomatoes.

Now it's time to relax with a cold beer.

Good morning Mossbergers. Clear skies, no wind, and 74 muggy degrees. It looks like a good morning for a short ride.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning you guys.

I have been dealing with plumbers, painters and plasterers, caulker's and tapers, ductfitters, stonemasons, tile setters, grout wipers, and electricians in a steady stream as they try to finish my house.

Plus I have been refinishing my bathroom window and trying to keep up with things like laundry and food.

Today they should finish setting the floor. The granite guys just left and the floor guys will be here soon.

Between my wife's Physical Therapy, doctor visits, and beauty shop appointments, and the fact that she cannot drive yet due to her broken patella, I am sort of running around crazy these days.

20180810_091344.jpg
I don't have a trail cam but I caught this little lady sitting on her nest in my planter.

First meal on the new stove. I made an applewood-smoked bacon marinated pork loin and mixed vegetables with garlic and onions.
20180810_154339_resized.jpg
I crawled around on the floor at Sears to find the one stove that was not made in Mexico. That is a Sears Kenmore made by Electrolux in France.

It's not a Viking, but it makes the General Electric look pretty shabby.

Good morning all. Its surely a glorious one. 63 calm misty foggy, of course were headed to 93 later but nice eight now. My thoughts over morning coffee on porch are 27 days till archery opens and Dove opener on the 1st. Soon the greatest time of year will arrive☺20180812_071133.jpg

Good morning fellas. Clear and 70 this morning. We are going home today. Yesterday a storm blew through about 4:30 pm. The wind blew 50-60 moh and torrential rain. We received almost two inches in about 45 minutes.

This week is supposed to be rainy and cooler. The weatherman says we could 4 inches or more by Thursday.

Nice looking range Cadd. Progress is being made. Soon you'll have your whole house back.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

They're trying to finish up the rest of my floor today, and it looks like we may have a sink and countertop tomorrow afternoon.

That will pretty much finish up the rest of the main bathroom and laundry room, at least as far as this contract goes.

I didn't contract for everything all at once.

My buddy is trying to get me to go shooting but there is just no way until this gets wrapped up a little more.

You guys have a great day and make sure of your targets.

Back