• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got the bug

New to the forum. I had a New Haven 12 gauge pump back in the 1980's. Traded it off. Should have kept it, I shot it very well on the trap field.

Anyway, about 6 months or so ago, I got the Mossberg bug again. Bought a JM Tactical Class 930. Last week I bought a new Bantam 20 gauge 500. Today while at a local pawn shop I spotted what I thought was a Mossberg 500. It was, well sort of. Turned out to be a Coast To Coast Master Mag. Decent shape, now it's mine. Got it for $150 OTD. I had been wanting a cheap 12 gauge beater pump, now I have one. :D

shadow_dog said:
New to the forum. I had a New Haven 12 gauge pump back in the 1980's. Traded it off. Should have kept it, I shot it very well on the trap field.

Anyway, about 6 months or so ago, I got the Mossberg bug again. Bought a JM Tactical Class 930. Last week I bought a new Bantam 20 gauge 500. Today while at a local pawn shop I spotted what I thought was a Mossberg 500. It was, well sort of. Turned out to be a Coast To Coast Master Mag. Decent shape, now it's mine. Got it for $150 OTD. I had been wanting a cheap 12 gauge beater pump, now I have one. :D

welcome to the club from NY and congrats on your new mossy (CC880)? you get a chance post a pic of your mossy's. :)

18410You_forgot_to_post_pictures_of_your_new_weapon_son_.gif

You made the gunny very angry :D

Just ribbing ya. I love cheap pawn shop finds like that too. Mossbergs are like Ruger 10/22s, too damn many things for them to consider for upgrading.

Have fun turning into yours.

Cheers
J

old mossy said:
[
welcome to the club from NY and congrats on your new mossy (CC880)? you get a chance post a pic of your mossy's. :)

Yes it is a CC880. I found some pics on the net of one that has wildlife etchings on the receiver. Mine is just a plain receiver other than the Coast To Coast Label on the left side.

shadow_dog said:
old mossy said:
[

Yes it is a CC880. I found some pics on the net of one that has wildlife etchings on the receiver. Mine is just a plain receiver other than the Coast To Coast Label on the left side.

that's back when you could walk into a hardware store(coast to coast) and buy a shotgun. :)
now that chain is True Value hardware.
i guess mossberg made shotguns for just about everyone and would put their store name on them.

Welcome from OH. Sounds like you got the bug bad. Nice collection. My 500 is from the '80s as well. Still in stock form. JM 930 in a slow process of being modified. Use it for skeet and 5 stand as well as 3 gun and just having fun. Enjoy the site.

Back