• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Got Wood?

So, does that mean you're not going to make me one?

LOL

Not yet... I need a set up for that stuff. It can get expensive. Resin, hardener, pressure pot...he doesn't show that part, but it's needed to get out all the tiny bubbles mixed in....

Look on youtube for casting alumilite. A guy named demas woodshop has good ones...

Yeah, you pay a fortune for resins in small quantities. Most of it is sold by the carload.

Anyhow, I like his work but structurally speaking pencils are not worth too much. Pretty much "filler" material.

Last edited:
Heading out to the 2nd chance wood store to see what they have. Been thinking about making a dining room table and want something out of the norm.

Heading out to the 2nd chance wood store to see what they have. Been thinking about making a dining room table and want something out of the norm.

Got any ideas on the design you want?

Got any ideas on the design you want?
Not really, pretty open but tend to lean towards distressed, rustic, natural types. The GF prefers rounds tabletops.I was hopjng the trip there would give me some inspiration the woman there gave us the grand tour. We got to see the woodshop, kilns, onhand stock, etc.

This was my first time there and have to say I was a but overwhelmed by the variety and types of wood they have. The finished products were awesome and definitely beyond my current skill level. A little over my budget right now as well.

Been working on checkering today. It's an Ansley Fox sxs. Here's the before n after of the forarm...

24594.jpeg

Oh man, that looks good.

I suck at checkering. Big time.

I got the hang of it now. I had a great conversation with a guy who did it for 40 years. Set me right up and guided me through the process.
Awesome. I have the patience and the time now....so I'll be doing more of it....

Ainsley Earnhardt on FOX?

I'd hit it. Whahhh??? WTH.....

Keed.

I keeeed.

Marc- that before and after look is just motivational. Superb work my friend.

Lightweight Fox shotguns are wonderful in every way.

Back