• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Great deal on 7.62 x 39 ammo!

I ordered a case like this a while back. Might have to order another case. Only downside is that its corrosive.

Yeah, but if you stay on top of your cleaning it shouldn't be a problem. My rifles get a thorough cleaning after every range trip, especially if I'm shoot'n the surplus stuff.

I just can't pass up this much ammo for such a low price! I also like that it ships in the surplus crates.

Yea I do to but my AK47 barrel got a little damaged from it. I will still continue to shoot it though.

Corrosive ammo...

Hey Guys...I've been doing some reading about corrosive primers in surplus ammo and found a wealth of info...believe it or not...on the internet. Now, as they say, opinions are like....teeth....everyone has a mouth full. Consenses is: old American made ( some say pre-1950) and ComBloc surplus ammo primers contain mercuric salts.

The most important part of cleaning after corrosive ammo use is..... Hot Soapy Water & Ammonia, which neutralizes the salts and removes any copper fouling covering the salts at the same time. In gas operated firearms such as the M1 Garand or AK47, make sure you get into every spot ( read gas tube ) the blowback gas get to. Dry off the parts then follow with your favorite oil to protect the metal from rust. Black Powder shooters have been doing this for literally centuries. Hope this helps...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Oh damn, what kind of damage?
Just a little pitting in the barrel. It is super minor but still its there. I thoroughly cleaned it after every use and used windex followed by some hoppes.

Gotcha,

I'm gonna start taking a small bottle of windex to the range. Researching my new m44, I've been told that it's best to flush windex through the barrel before you pack it up for the trip home. I guess it works better when the barrel and corrosive gunk are still warm. Makes sense to me...

Back