• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

GRS To Bead Sight

I'm having second thoughts about ordering the GRS and not the bead sight. Can I just buy a bead sight barrel and sell the GRS barrel?

Don't sweat the GRS..............they work great. No harm in buying another barrel with a nice bead but you will have to remove the rear sight and rail as well. I would wait and let her rip at the range and then decide.

Just a thought,

I've got the same GRS set-up on my 590a1 and replaced the factory front blade with an Aimpro Fiber Optic post...

This thing is awesome! It gives you a more bead-like point of aim while retaining the full function and advantages of the GRS. Lights up like a laser in the sun and is incredibly bright even in low light. Aimpro did their homework on the fit making installation a breeze. Not bad for $30...

http://www.goestores.com/storename/aimp ... 16071.aspx

Like everyone else said, GRS are nice. If you really want to go with a bead setup, Mossberg CS would be the best bet to order a beaded 590 barrel. You could always swap out your barrel and mag tube with that from a 500. They'll fit, but that's kind of like buying a BMW and putting a Honda motor in it. It'll work, probably reliably, but why?

Either way, if you do decide to sell the barrel or swap out the mag tube and barrel, let me know. I've been trying to find a 590 GRS barrel and mag tube and keep running into the same issue as you, no one has them. Then again, I haven't called Mossberg yet either.

Just a thought,

I've got the same GRS set-up on my 590a1 and replaced the factory front blade with an Aimpro Fiber Optic post...

This thing is awesome! It gives you a more bead-like point of aim while retaining the full function and advantages of the GRS. Lights up like a laser in the sun and is incredibly bright even in low light. Aimpro did their homework on the fit making installation a breeze. Not bad for $30...

http://www.goestores.com/storename/aimp ... 16071.aspx

LES, this looks to be on the 51663. I would want the "bead" to be essentially where the top of the original orange paint was on the factory post, would you suggest the regular or tall model from aimpoint? How was the installation? Will I need a certified gunsmith to install it?

sorry, you said installation was a breeze, but does that mean that I could order/install it myself, with my simple man's tools?

Yeah, it's been a while since I bought mine and getting your hands on Aimpro parts has become extremely difficult.

I'm not aware of a shorter AimPro post than the one I have. All it took to install mine was remove the factory post and tap the new one into place. It was very easy...

Does anyone make a fiber optic set to replace the front and rear for Factory ghost rings? I've seen some with 2 green dots on the ring and a red front like the picture above shows... But not as a direct replacement. Where can I find these?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Shoten: i think what your referring to here are LPA shotgun sights...tho not direct replacements, they do work well and the rear lpa sights are even standard in some mossberg models...they are avialable at precision sales international...:)

bar11rd4_200x207.jpg

That's similar, but not exactly what I wanted. I'll look those up though, thanks.

Ok, looked at them, and all the ones I'd be interested in are Out Of Stock... GRRR!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just an update, the company you referred me to, Precision Sales Int'l, is no longer carrying the sights. They have since become Nighthawk Customs. Getting a set of sights shipped to me, and I'll report my findings as soon as I get them.

Sent from HTC One (M8)

awwww....i referred that site to my importer, so he can buy the sights for me...

i need the lpa sg6 model one with the barrel band..

might as well find another one that carry these...

Back