• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Guns Kill 150 Million since 2007

So, are you talking about Joe Biden making a statement that 150,000,000 people have been killed in this country by guns since 2007 However the

Or are you talking about me making the comment about Florida elections ? That is all well documented. Or are you just trying to stir the pot ?

I'm not trying to stir any pots.

I haven't heard of Biden's claim.

What I have done is worked in elections for a good number of years. I know a great deal about the issues that have taken place in some Florida counties as well as parts of other states.

Again, I'm just pointing out the logical leap of painting an entire group from limited knowledge of a portion of that group.

And yes, I acknowledge that is a common occurrence. We hear it done in media as well as around the water cooler or campfire - physical and virtual.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Biden's claim was a malaprop: confusing thousand with million.
But was it a purposeful slip? ie, was Biden trying to stir the pot even more with a fake gaffe?

The fake mistake is a well honed political ploy. A man may be demented and failing yet still use it.

I'm not trying to stir any pots.

I haven't heard of Biden's claim.

What I have done is worked in elections for a good number of years. I know a great deal about the issues that have taken place in some Florida counties as well as parts of other states.

Again, I'm just pointing out the logical leap of painting an entire group from limited knowledge of a portion of that group.

And yes, I acknowledge that is a common occurrence. We hear it done in media as well as around the water cooler or campfire - physical and virtual.

So you have inside information which none of us have access to. Perhaps sharing that information rather than playing the smart guy card would be a better route to encourage discussion. Just a suggestion.

Wow. I don't recall trying to play any card.

I made a simple initial statement noted how we pick and choose what to believe from the same media sources.

Some news accounts are viewed with suspicion while others are believed.

I later noted how we make a leap of logic to class an entire state based on what we hear about a fraction of that state. I compared that to how gun owners are grouped together based on the actions of a few.

Very similar actions and attitudes on display in the above examples.

I made a simple initial statement . . .

It's very unbecoming to be so vague as to make your intentions murky.

But posting, " . . . it is also a fact that gun owners are involved in every instance of gun violence and every mass shooting."

On this forum? Well, that implies intentions most here will at least find questionable.
Or even offensive. So I wouldn't expect cold logic to warm the hearts of those you've incited so far.

Or that, based on your "wafer thin" history here, such future posts will be well received.

Particularly when you think it wise to post cryptic shit like, "I assume that you base your statement about Florida elections on what you hear or read in the media."

If you know something, get to it. We're not pulling teeth here.

Just stand up and tell your story plain, or get lost.

Biden's claim was a malaprop: confusing thousand with million.
But was it a purposeful slip? ie, was Biden trying to stir the pot even more with a fake gaffe?

The fake mistake is a well honed political ploy. A man may be demented and failing yet still use it.

Biden was intentionally lying. It's impossible for a politician who has wrapped his self up in so much legislation about it for 30 years to have not known that. It's a physical impossibility that he just was mistaken about it.

I'm the original poster of this thread. If there are any questions regarding what Biden said or his intentions this video pretty much puts that to rest. He actually says 150 million have been killed since 2007 during the debate. But it's more important to listen to what else he says about guns.

Make no mistake regarding his intentions!

I truly believe Bidet is mentally suffering the effects of old age. If there is deception it is truly subconscious and out of his "control". :rolleyes:

On the other hand, watching Trumpy during ANY untele-prompted press conference and he is as sharp and as quick-witted as ever. Not only am I talking currently, but since he has been elected. Sure, sometimes he "stretches" the truth and/or calls names and gives the weinie media spin fodder. But I believe he will tear Bidet apart during the debates.

The unknown I DO fear is who will be Bidet's running mate! :eek: THAT is who people will be voting for...

I made a simple initial statement noted how we pick and choose what to believe from the same media sources.

Some news accounts are viewed with suspicion while others are believed.

I later noted how we make a leap of logic to class an entire state based on what we hear about a fraction of that state. I compared that to how gun owners are grouped together based on the actions of a few.

Very similar actions and attitudes on display in the above examples.

Again...see my above statement.

Though your intention may have been to inform, it didn’t come across well. If you’re not aware already, we prefer to treat each other a little differently here than you’ll find on most other forums. People who insist on being controversial and perpetually high minded will eventually find no one wants to discuss anything with them. People who take pleasure in baiting others into a verbal joust will also find themselves experiencing...uh...social distancing you could say.

Thank you @Ernst for posting up the video.

It was never my intention to be vague, high-minded or any of the other adjectives used.

I believe I clearly stated my intent and later attempted to clarify what that intent was.

If, however, my intent was not clear or if I have offended, then I apologise and as much as is possible withdraw my statements.

I enjoy reading this and other forums, but do not post often. Perhaps I need to read and reread before hitting send.

It was never my intention to be vague, high-minded or any of the other adjectives used.

I believe I clearly stated my intent and later attempted to clarify what that intent was.

If, however, my intent was not clear or if I have offended, then I apologise and as much as is possible withdraw my statements.

I enjoy reading this and other forums, but do not post often. Perhaps I need to read and reread before hitting send.

Thanks,

And I apologize for telling you to get lost.

Playing the devil's advocate is certainly allowed.
As long as it comes across that way.
We want to know your opinions.
But even more than with food, presentation is a huge factor in politics.

If you have insight about the election procedures, most folks here would be quite interested.

But no one is open to the sound of imputation.
Even the guilty will react.

Back