• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Had a little down time at work today...

Well I had some down time at work today, and I had a project I have been wanting to do for a few weeks. So I decided to do some work. I have been using S&J plus two mag tube extension for my 590a1 and have been loving it. S&J extension is super high quality and comes with a slot sling attachment with the kit. Well I do not use a classic two point sling. I use single point and 2/1 convertible slings. The 2/1 slings us a HK style attachment which is not compatible with S&J sling mount. So since the didn't offer one for purchase, I decided to fire up the water jet and design a low profile sling mount for my extension.

So I found some .100 thick scape steel laying around, score! :mrgreen: so I setup the flow water jet and away I go....
jbjHGxc1a7XJJk.jpg

After some file work, and a quick shot in the sand blaster they are ready for some black oxide. Yeah I made a few extra since two of my fellow co workers heard of what I was doing and also have the S&J extensions, on there 590a1's.
jbstkJwQ4GyFVv.jpg

After some black oxide treatment..... ;)
j8MXzaG6Acq98.jpg

Finally mounted up at home....some crappy I phone pics....not to bad for about 2 hours of down time at the shop....just wanted to share my boring day.

jkS9DPABxqIaS.jpg

jbtIRYCt0hhSBp.jpg

j6909UYuLgkz4.jpg

jgLRyhC2G9zW9.jpg

Very nice...I like it. It looks very professional. Keep us posted with a field report on how it works!

SWEET bro!

Excellent work get'n the job done with a little creativity. +1 rep for your idea and execution. Nicely done Sir...

Man, I just spent $39.00 for a single point for my 930 SPX w PG. Wish I had that kind of capability. I'd probably never buy a part again! Good job.

Paul

Awesome!! Definitley worth a rep point for that. Love seeing what talents the people here have.

That image looking down the barrel is enough to make a gun hater wet themselves!

It's hard to tell from the pictures but I assume that's an 18 1/2" barrel.

Thanks everyone, I really like how it came out, I will be field testing it tomorrow. I am going to be kinda of hard on it. Yes it is a 18.5" barrel, shameless gun pic...
j1CSBih3owNDc.jpg

Oh man, two of my favorites. I spent 5 days in Elizabeth KY for work. I couldn't get loose early enough to take a distillery tour so that's still on my bucket list.

carbinemike said:
Oh man, two of my favorites. I spent 5 days in Elizabeth KY for work. I couldn't get loose early enough to take a distillery tour so that's still on my bucket list.

Man you are missing out, they give out shots of the new Makers 46 at the end of the tour. they used to give out bourbon ball candy but the 46 is sooooo much better :mrgreen:

You're killin' me. I didn't even know about the MM 46. I will try it soon.

My trip to E-town KY was a bummer in some ways. The town was still dry and I was told it was going wet 6 months later. So here I am in the middle of bourbon country and I'm in a dry town and can't get my tour. On the plus side I drove to the next county and picked up 2 bottles to bring home, one of which is still unopened.

Sorry to detour your thread. Good look with the sling mount tomorrow!

Man, awesome work!!! Thats really cool, and the talent I see from our members amazes me!

Not to Bogart your thread, But you gave me a project ;)
I mocked one up in 5052 aluminum, Just to make sure I had a good fit, This is actually version 2 the first one I made the space between the barrel and mag tube too far apart, By 1mm... :roll:

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5203.jpg

I will be looking into making one in steel, I was thinking 2-2.5mm
Thanks for the kick in the pants, I have been trying to figure out how I could mount a sling attachment.

VitSports6 said:
Not to Bogart your thread, But you gave me a project ;)
I mocked one up in 5052 aluminum, Just to make sure I had a good fit, This is actually version 2 the first one I made the space between the barrel and mag tube too far apart, By 1mm... :roll:

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5203.jpg

I will be looking into making one in steel, I was thinking 2-2.5mm
Thanks for the kick in the pants, I have been trying to figure out how I could mount a sling attachment.

Looks great man! I love seeing others ideas.

Had a wild hair Friday and was working on the lathe and decided to make some mag tube followers out of delrin. All I had was black so it will have to due for now. I sort of copied s&j design but made a few changes. Just wanted to share.
ib2scqzcmFb2RP

jttTqeOpUUIs0.jpg

jbthaVIbqRKpON.jpg

jfc77dM77RJWf.jpg

Uhhh, so those will work with the 590A1? :D

How much you want for one!!!?

Rossignol said:
Uhhh, so those will work with the 590A1? :D

How much you want for one!!!?

Nothing, just send me your mailing address and I will drop one in the mail for you! Just let me know how you like it, and yes works for the 590a1

Back