• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

Re: need advice

oli700 said:
John how would you say the accuracy is compared to your Ruger

In a single word:

Better

Those CZ’s are sweet as hell…..geez. The 85 combat is all that and a bag of chips…..the 75 sp01 in 40 is sweet as well……well I do have two hands…..a CZ in one and a Beretta in the other lol.
My FIL’s birthday yesterday and he brought over his new XD in 9 when they came over for dinner….standard XD nice piece. I showed him the Berettas and CZ my mind is wrestling over and he was “those are just cheap guns aren’t they?”….I about sent him packing, but he got an education without making him feel too bad. Great guy, just got into shooting a year or so ago and listens to too many gun shop kids

Well you guys got me this far and the rest is left to me, should be a week or so of reaserch and I’ll be ready to buy…..thanks again friends

I'm glad to read your last post.

All we can do is offer advice. In the end, whatever decision that you make is the only right one. :!:

John A. said:
I'm glad to read your last post.

All we can do is offer advice. In the end, whatever decision that you make is the only right one. :!:

Yup! I totally agree, and you know as well as anyone I've done the same thing on here and asked for advice from all of you whom I respect. There is no replacing honest opinions and advice based on experience. Though in my case I can only relay info I have read or seen elsewhere! :lol:

In the end, only you can make the final decision, homes! ;)

Oli - I've moved away from diversity in pistols and currently everything I own is DOA or striker. Good holsters - pull the trigger and they go bang.

At the front of the HD bedroom safe is a G22 and a Sig 250c. I'm taking the Sig out today for some range time because next week I plan on shooting IDPA with it. Both guns rate a+ with me. I like the build and fit of the Sig but the Glock wins the trigger points.

FWIW. :D

I do love a nice trigger...... My bro's XDm is a sweet shooting gun. Hard for me because I truly like 95% of guns.

Trying to find out if the 96A1 has an extended mag option....I am just having a hard time letting go of the super hi capacity of the 9mm's.

The PX4 Storm in 40 cal has a spring and floor plate replacement that takes it from 12 to 15 or 17 but I can’t find anything for the 96 series yet

Dude !...thats all I want.
15+1 40 cal
Metal frame
Hammer
Reliability
Easy field strip
Something different than my usual, but familiar features of my lost gun
I can put my TLR1s on it if I want
Combat accurate and from what I can gather, better than I am used to
It’s big
It looks cool
It makes me feel patriotic
None of my friends have one....lol

I am going to have to purchase one without shooting it but that’s fine.

oli700 said:
I am going to have to purchase one without shooting it but that’s fine.

I don't think you'll have any problems getting used to it. It's basically the same as what you're used to, only more comfortable in your hand and just a little snappier, but still very manageable.

You'll be alright with it. Should be a very easy transition for you to make up to the 40 cal.

9mm40swcomparison003.jpg

9mm40swcomparison004.jpg

The action is buttery smoothe and the weight of the pistol helps mitigate the .40 cal's snap. You're gonna love it!

Now to find the best price. The father of a guy that I work with is an ffl holder and I was told I could do that for no charge, but there was a guy at a very small shop near me that cut me a real good deal on the Millennium I got for my bro, matched the best internet price so I think I’ll talk to him first…..I can’t wait! Need a Fobus and a bunch of ammo. Probably buy a dye to reload them sometime….cool thing about that is I have been picking up 40 brass in the woods for about the last year.

oli700 said:
Now to find the best price. The father of a guy that I work with is an ffl holder and I was told I could do that for no charge, but there was a guy at a very small shop near me that cut me a real good deal on the Millennium I got for my bro, matched the best internet price so I think I’ll talk to him first…..I can’t wait! Need a Fobus and a bunch of ammo. Probably buy a dye to reload them sometime….cool thing about that is I have been picking up 40 brass in the woods for about the last year.

Brother, if you need more .40S&W brass, once fired, you just speak to me. Free to you, my friend!

I really appreciate that , If I’m in need you’ll be the first one I come to

Oli, FWIW.
I shot numerous Beretta M9's during my years in the military. I had a Beretta 96D Centurion several years ago. No safety, nothing to snag on, best factory DAO trigger I have ever felt. Action felt like it was on ball bearings. Not trying to sway you to a DAO Centurion, just throwing my hand in for Beretta.

tcecil88 said:
Oli, FWIW.
I shot numerous Beretta M9's during my years in the military. I had a Beretta 96 Centurian several years ago.

The voice of experience is always worth a lot to me so thanks for chiming in

Rossignol said:
I'm kinda wanting one now too... Darnit.

Get a CZ and we'll swap every other month lol

Stop the presses.....and try to find a holster for a 96A1...no Fobus or Serpa.....trying to look up accessories before I commit. Seems like it’s been out long enough to get a paddle holster for it…..not really a deal breaker but sucks
I only found one company called ready holster that actually lists the A1 and it’s an ok soft nylon type. The rail is why it doesn’t fit in the 96fs holsters. I don’t need the rail but I want all the other features of the A1

Nothing available in a hybrid holster? Whats the one... the super tuck or super carry?

Brad, I know you have your health to worry about, but it would be interesting if you could make one....and I'll do the grips. We have a few reloaders here too! We almost have a gun factory in our midst. ;)

Back