• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Handgun Sights

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Have any questions about Handgun Sights? Is there a particular model of aftermarket upgrade you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...

I havent used specifically Trijicon, but my 1911 has the Novac dovetailed tritium sights front and rear. I dont have any pics that dont suck however.

The sights were on the gun from the factory. I like them and havent ever felt any need to change them...

While I like 1911's in GI and mil-spec, my eyes arent too good anymore so I prefer the 3 dot sights. The tritium works as well as traditional white 3 dots.

My duty guns (Springfield 1911, GLOCK34, GLOCK22) sport Trijicon sights. Best out there as far as ruggedness.

I'll need to replace the Novacks on my 1911 at some point, theyre dull... I'll be lookin at Trijicon!

Rossignol said:
I'll need to replace the Novacks on my 1911 at some point, theyre dull... I'll be lookin at Trijicon!

Got a set of trijicon novaks on my 1911 best decision I ever made.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Yup, what I have currently, just old... I really like them!

Just did some lookin around and I'll have to get replacements from Novak. Since they make the sights bases for Trijicon anyway. I just learned something! ;)

Rossignol said:
Yup, what I have currently, just old... I really like them!

Just did some lookin around and I'll have to get replacements from Novak. Since they make the sights bases for Trijicon anyway. I just learned something! ;)

Indeed they do. They were the only maker I could find for my Taurus PT1911.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

I guess I should justify my answer.

During a lowlight/nolight training class my trijicon night sights worked flawlessley, the guys using fiber optic sights had trouble if there was not enough ambiant light to make them glow; they had to use their flashlight to illuminate the sights as well as the target. I was sold on the trijicons at that point.

That's why I like the TFOs. They're the best of both worlds: tritium and fiber optics together. But that's just one man's opinion.

I'd have to agree there Shrimp,

I've got the standard (non-TFO) Truglo sights on my XD40SC. I love em in direct sunlight, but there's not much benefit at all in low light situations...

XS Big Dot on a Pistol?

http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=s ... ID=handgun
I am very interested in these for my CZ SP-01.
I am having a very hard time finding feedback so if anyone knows how they fair I would appreciate input, good or bad. They look fast !
Don’t know about 25 to 30 yards….as it pertains to covering too much target, but look good for real pistol distances.

I have tritium 3 dot right now and like them but am open to a better mouse trap.
IMG_0691.jpg

oil, I have XSBog dot sights on all my handguns. They're made by Trigicon. Haven't actually tried shooting with them at night, but in a blacked out room they are adequate. Wish they were brighter, but maybe it's just my old eyes. :roll: But the front sight makes it look like a lolipop....and I need that because I can no longer focus on pistol sights.

Back