• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Happy Fathers Day

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I just wanted to stop a second and to say Thank You to all of the good Dad's out there.

The ones who work from daylight to dark and then some without complaint. Whether so sick you don't feel like holding your head up or knowing there's a thousand places you'd rather be. The ones who work tirelessly around the clock, on call 24-7 where there is no such thing as a holiday or long weekend.

The ones who deploy overseas to fight the bad guys there, so our kids won't have to fight them here.

The ones who teach their kids right and wrong.

Good and Bad. God and the devil.

The ones who help their kids with their homework, answering their questions, and teaching them the things those little kids will need to know one day when they are grown and have a family of their own.

I wanted to say to each of you, Happy Fathers Day men.

Today, I was given this shirt by my oldest son.

ralph pictures 030.JPG

Along with a pat on the shoulder and told me to expect my first grandson in a few months.

I'm not going to lie. I'm walking on clouds right now.

Congrats John. You'll make a great one. I never got to meet my grandfather on my mother's side, as he passed before I was born. I can only imagine that I would have learned from him, in the ways your grandchildren will learn from you.

Thanks. DM

This will be my 2nd grandchild.

My oldest granddaughter will turn 4 this November. And if my oldest marries their Mom (which I anticipate that he will), she has 2 small children of her own too. Which will make 4. will be 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters.

I never knew my biological grandfather on my Moms' side. Only time I laid eyes on him was the night before they pulled the plug on his life support machine. Mom made me go with her to see him at a hospital in the next county over.

To this day, I claim my Moms' stepdad as my Pappaw. Not only did he raise my mom and uncle, he was always there for all the grandkids too. Matter of fact, I didn't know that he wasn't my "real" pappaw until I was about grown and years after he had died.

He may not have been my biological grandfather, but he was the man who stepped up to the plate and did it. I loved him, and he loved me. That's all I needed to know. He was my Pappaw.

My biological grandfather, was nothing more than a stranger on the street to me. I had no attachment or emotion whatsoever to him. Come to think of it, I never heard his voice and really can't even remember what he looked like now. He was dark headed and skinny. That's all I can remember.

And in following in my Pappaws example, I haven't made a difference in my middle son either, who is my stepson. His Mom and I have been together since he was 3 months old. He'll be 18 in less than 3 months.

I'm not ashamed to say that he calls me Dad and I call him son. Not because I have ever asked or made him to. But because he does.

I understand John. I've taken the responsibility of 3 that aren't my own. And the 4th is all mine. Although not married I don't miss a beat when someone calls them my daughters. I get a lot of "wow, 4 girls" when were out shopping and such. I just smile, and respond that I'm gonna have my hands full, intimidating all those boys. Sadly, the father of the older three had nothing to do with them this weekend. Even though they called him today, to tell him about the shopping, and ear piercings they got today, he made no mention of spending time with them. Just another day.....

Mine doesn't even attempt to call his Dad anymore. Not even on Birthdays, Christmas or anything else. Sad, but I can understand why. His Dad stopped wanting much to do with him by about 7 years old.

Anyway, thanks for being the Dad you didn't have to be.

Congrats John grandchildren are very special. I love hearing "papa can we". I raised 4 girls and 1 boy now have 2 grandkids age 1 and 4.

Congratulations John! That's just great. Happy belated Dad's day to all of the Dad's out there. I wish this country had more Dad's and less "sperm donors". Dad's do whatever it takes and make a positive difference.

Back