• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hard to cycle action?

kurtis

So on my new 590A1 i noticed that if i don't rack the slide with authority its not going to cycle properly. The ends of the shells are getting chewed up a little. Could it just be that it needs some breaking in? My 500 is like butter and super smooth but the 590 feels tight and rough. The 500 ejects the shell even if i don't rack it hard but the 590 wont even spit it out unless i pull back pretty hard.

Have you tore it down and given it a good cleaning?
Also run some rounds through it.
Keep us posted.

Im going to shoot it this weekend the feed ramp seems to rub on the sides unlike the 500. Im sure after racking it 1000 + times itl loosen up.

Are you having trouble ejecting spent shells? Or is it just hard to cycle when empty?

Sounds like Walmart-Winchester strikes again.

I would think the best thing to do first off would be to disassemble and reassemble with a good cleaning and lubrication. If that doesn't solve it, and you're sure it's the feed ramp rubbing, you could try using some high grit (400) sand paper and smoothing it up, making sure to sand with the direction of travel.

I'd also look to see if the forend bars are going behind the cartridge stopper instead of over it. If it is, take it out and straighten it out a little. That will fix it if that is the issue. It's a common QC issue.

I'd also look to see if the forend bars are going behind the cartridge stopper instead of over it. If it is, take it out and straighten it out a little. That will fix it if that is the issue. It's a common QC issue.

Do we still have this stickied somewhere... I swear when I get some time I'll make some videos of fixin' this!

Back