• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

'Hatfields and McCoys'

Has anybody been watching this on the History Channel :?: I got to say I dont feel like I have been wasting my time on this one if the history on it is right there was alot more to the feud then people know about dont know what they put in it to make it or interesting in to get more people to watch it but I will watch part three to see how it ends.

I have it recorded on DVR. Unfortunately when you have to get up for work at 4:00am you can't stay up late to watch these things. It's good to hear I won't be wasting my time watching it whenever I get the chance!

Darn it. I wanted to see it but forgot the air dates. I'm sure it will be on again or avaiolable on-demand.

I've heard about the feud for years but never knew all the details. I hope they didn't "hollywood" it up just to make it more interesting.

Stayed up way to late last night watching it. It's excellent so far. How their brain works is a mystery to me though. Guess it was all that corn liquor affecting their obviously poor judgement.

Paul

I dvr it. My claim to fame.....Tim Abel is my cousin, and a good friend of mine. I get inside scoop all the time.

I was born and grew up in Hatfield and McCoy country. A lot of my family still live there. I'm part of the Hatfield clan. Y'all ain't got no problem with that do yuins? :evil: :lol:

It has had a little "Hollywood flavor" thrown in but the main story line is there. But I'm far from an expert on the subject. My Grandmother was though. I really wish I would have listened a little more to the stories she'd tell.

I just finished watching part 3. Overall I thought it was very well done and I know a lot of people who watched it and enjoyed it just as much as I did. I think it's a really cool story and something I knew very little about until now. I am always excited to learn about history and this was worth watching.

rjpoog1989 said:
I just finished watching part 3. Overall I thought it was very well done and I know a lot of people who watched it and enjoyed it just as much as I did. I think it's a really cool story and something I knew very little about until now. I am always excited to learn about history and this was worth watching.

I'm with you on this one I did know much about it tell now. The story had alot more then I would have though it would might have to buy this one just for the history lesson.

It was a very good series...and while I'm sure there was poetic license, the basic plot was true from a historic standpoint.

We watched this over the weekend. All three parts were on demand and we got to watch them front to back all in a row. What a well done story.

I'm still watchin, I'm part of the crowd that gets up at 4 am for work, works 10 hours +, drives a little over an hour to get home, get to softball practice or games, get dinner late, get home around 10:30 pm, get kids in bed, get showered, get to bed, do it again the next day...

I watch about a half hour at a time and just finished the first one. I too have been wonderin how acurate the details of the feud. If its true, there were hard feelins initially over the desertion, then some other details over a period of time and finally the daughter was the last straw. It seems (at least as its portryed) that Hatfield was really tryin to stay out of McCoys way and generally let him be, but when it came to any of his he wouldnt allow any of them to get shorted in any way and would go to any length to the point of ruthlessly defending family.

This is what I get from it thus far... must keep watchin.

Back