• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hell, I went and bought another new handgun today

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
A GLOCK 26 Gen3

My LGS had one, BNIB, in their back room and not in the display case.

I like the Gen3 GLOCKS so that is a PLUS.

Another PLUS is that it was Made in Austria.

And the best PLUS was the price, BNIB, which was only $449.00 - after adding 9% sales tax that put it square at $490 out the door. That is a fantastic price (even below GLOCK Blue Label pricing). And for being an Austrian model I am even more pleased with the price.

Since the pandemic made gun prices and sales go crazy that is WAY below what your see NIB Glocks sell for, especially from a brick and mortar LGS.

Yup... :) 'bout what I paid 8-10? years ago (w/tritiums). PT111 was still half the price... :rolleyes: Of interest is the Lork weighs about 4oz more empty than the PT weighs with a FULL mag (12+1). I should probably weigh the PT against the 26 one of these days...

pt111c.jpg

lorc3.jpg

getaglock.jpg

Last edited:
Nitesite, congrats on your new "baby" Glock.

While they are not the prettiest kid on the block all of us who have used them for decades love them. An OEM gun that functions as well after thousands of round as new out of the box!

Regards

Yup... :) 'bout what I paid 8-10? years ago (w/tritiums). PT111 was still half the price... :rolleyes: Of interest is the Lork weighs about 4oz more empty than the PT weighs with a FULL mag (12+1). I should probably weigh the PT against the 26 one of these days...

The G26 weighs 19 ounces empty. Does a Taurus with 13 rounds in it weigh LESS than 19-ounces? Just asking because I have no idea. Interesting.

Some sites I checked say the PT111 is similar in weight to the G26. Very confusing. For instance I found this data:

Weight of Unloaded Gun

18.80 ounces

Weight of Empty Magazine

2.55 ounces

Weight of Unloaded Gun with Empty Magazine

21.40 ounces
(these numbers mimic what Jeff Quinn at Gunblast quoted)

Weight of Full Magazine

7.45 ounces

PPU 115 Grain FMJ

Weight of Loaded Gun with Full Magazine +1

26.70 ounces
PPU 115 Grain FMJ

This is not a counter or trying to start a disagreement, just continuing the thread and discussion! Thanks friend!

Last edited:
I used to have this thing about hating guns that were plastic. Then I bought a few and somehow I got used to the idea. Go figure…

I’m a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Now I am thinking I might unload a couple pieces I don’t use, and fill that empty space with a Ga-lock.

I could probably sell a couple of the wife’s and she wouldn’t even notice.

HehHeh... I walked in to my LGS yesterday wearing CC my daily carry gun since my retirement:

A 5" all steel 1911. Over 40-oz empty w/o magazine. Nearly 4-pounds loaded!

I love steel guns, and always will. And I'll always own and shoot them, and cast their bullets and reload for them. :)

I got the 26 for both effectiveness and less weight in a CCW. And smaller. And I have a lot of magazines for it.

But I'll bet you my retirement that I will still CCW a 1911 Govt or 4" steel .357 revolver periodically! :)

Dave

For Dave (nitesite): Had all the pistols in one location tonight so they got together for a reunion and pics! :D And a weigh-in... ;)

The PT111 weighs 664.4g/23.43oz empty w/mag
The G26 weighs 630.3g/22.23 empty w/mag
The Lork weighs 891.1g/31.43oz empty w/mag
13rds of 9mm JHP 115gr weighs 150.5g/5.308oz
12rds, 138.8g/4.896oz
11rds, 127.1g/4.483oz
10rds, 116.9g/4.123oz
7rds of .380 FMJ 95gr weigh 67.4g/2.377oz

The PT111 Pro "Millennium" came to me via trade for a 12ga Tri-Star. Also came with OEM case, extra mag and accys. Holds 12 in the mag and 1 in the pipe. The Taurus is a striker-fired pistol with the advantage of "second strike" capability. There was a "class-action" lawsuit on this pistol a few years back that I didn't take advantage of nor did I need to. This gun lives in my toolbox at the shop along with the spare mag, both full of JHP. This gun will be going to the range the next trip out...

The G26 was "like-new" with tritiums picked up 10? years ago. Third gen. It might be time for new sights but they are still adequately bright in the dark. The Scherer extension adds +1 round to the factory 10rd. The pinky extension works on both 9mm and .40S&W (G27) mags. I like it mainly because it adds a place for the pinky. I have a number of extended mags picked up in a PSA "deal" that work both in this gun and the AR-9. I could fire over 1000rds of 9mm without having to reload a mag... :D This gun lives in the briefcase in the car along with a full backup ext. mag (ETS 31-rd-er). It is also the gun that goes into the IWB holster when necessary. PS: this also has the extended slide release and 3.5lb spring/connector from a G17L/G34. I had an extended mag release but found it too easy to release the mag inadvertently if you laid the gun down on a table on its left side (for example) and put the original short release back in.

The Lorcin was picked up for a "giggle bid" of $55.55 from a local pawnshop via GB. :) I've bought at least a dozen guns from them over the years and I've always made at least 50% off them. It holds 7rds of .380ACP in the mag and probably 1 in the chamber although there is no way to hold the slide open and the mag release is at the bottom of the left grip. I happened to have this case from something (I can't remember what) that holds it nicely. I've been meaning to put it in the desk instead of the safe... It has the added advantage of superior pistol-whipping capability due to its mass... :D

trio1.jpg

trio2.jpg

trio3.jpg

lorkncase.jpg

Last edited:
@Bobster

I didn't know what a Lork is; I thought it was a mis-print of GLOCK. Now I see that you even included a pic of it next to the PT111. Duh! Sorry for my confusion. :)

Dave

Last edited:
I used to have this thing about hating guns that were plastic. Then I bought a few and somehow I got used to the idea. Go figure…

I’m a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Now I am thinking I might unload a couple pieces I don’t use, and fill that empty space with a Ga-lock.

I could probably sell a couple of the wife’s and she wouldn’t even notice.

I am curious which models of GLOCK pistols are "allowed" to be purchased in California. I know there are some not on the "approval list".

There’s an official Cal DOJ list online, but it changes from time to time and they don’t guarantee that it’s correct, comprehensive, or absolutely up to date.

So it does pay to go to someone like Lenny who has the inside scoop on who’s getting screwed and how.

Here is the most basic Glock information provided on the website.

A2DA2E2E-76E6-4EBC-A0AB-FDA4C24C681C.jpeg It appears that quite a number of Glock models from 17 through 38 are available in certain configurations.

In California if you even put different grips on a pistol, that makes it a different legal configuration, and you have to pay for another $$$$$$ test and certification.

By “available”, I mean you can legally purchase them in the state. That doesn’t mean that you will find many for sale in a display case anywhere around here.

By the way, if any of this sounds funny, remember that I am not a Glock guy and I know virtually nothing about them except the popularity and lack of availability.

I didn't know what a Lork is; I thought it was a mis-print of GLOCK.

I believe it is pronounced "lore-sin". In the "Saturday Night Special" class of guns just like Raven, Phoenix & Bryco. It fires OK and is fairly accurate for what it is. It DOES have FTF when getting down to the last round or two due to a weak mag spring. A new mag is about 1/2 what I paid for the gun... ;) While some would not be caught with such a cheap gun, I think it is interesting to have a bit of firearms "history" in my possession... ;)

Some interesting links on the cheapie guns follow. A couple are transcripts of PBS Frontline stories decades ago. Lorcin Wiki LINK Frontline interview with head of Lorcin, Jim Waldorf LINK "Ring of Fire" LINK The wiki page has a number of links should you desire more info.

PS: here is a better LINK to the RoF series, circa 1994... Click on the links there for more info.

Last edited:
This series "Deadly Exceptions" from the VPC, circa 2000, gets into "bad" guns including the 82A1... :rolleyes: LINK

Ultimately, these heathens have seen how frivolous lawsuits decimated the junk gun industry and want their cock-sucking, slipnfall lawyer buddies to gain even more going after the rest of the guns... :mad:

barrett2.jpg

You know that I'm going to ask.

How's it shoot?

Hi John,

Unsurprisingly, it shoots as accurately on steel (as small as 6") as my longer barrel G34. This was with 147-gr FMJ-FP Speer Lawman ammo in OEM GLOCK 10-rd and Magpul 17-rd mags. I knew from others that this little subcompact has the potential for great accuracy in a very small package.

That's very good. The little P365 surprised me too. I am not such a great shot with handguns, and especially with the little bitty ones that I have a difficult time keeping a firm grip, but it was better than I was expecting. I can say that I shot it better than a 2" snubnose 38 at least.

John, I think it is a known fact that 2" snub-nose revolvers of any caliber are, even the high quality ones, inherently the most difficult to shoot accurately.

Back