• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from North Alabama

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Hi. I've been shooting for over 30 years. Handguns mostly, but do a fair amount of shotgunning as it is a part of my job. I have a work-issued Mossberg 500 and my own 590 8+1 with ghost rings plus I have a Browning Gold Fusion. Centerfire rifles are few, just an AR-15, a .243 Winchester bolt rifle, a .270 Winchester, and an SKS.

Reloading for everything except rimfire :D is a fun part of my activity.

Hoping that I might be a contributing member!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome aboard! Please post up some pictures of your collection if you get a chance. Reloading is something I plan to get into in the near future when I get some down time. I am sure I will have some questions for you when I do though.

Thanks for the welcome!

I really enjoy reloading. It isn't hard, it's just easy to make mistakes. I started doing it because I shoot 10mm Auto and .357 Magnum and other cartridges which are very expensive to purchase. Then I branched out to the less-expensive cartridges like 9mm Luger and .45 Auto and others.

I also learned to cast my own lead bullets and that has enabled me to reload ammo for almost any pistol caliber for under three bucks a box of 50. And the ammo shoots great! I was lucky enough to stock up enough provisions a few years ago so when the high prices and empty shelves from that ammo feeding frenzy a couple years ago hit, I really never had to slow down much, if any.

My rifles haven't seen a factory round in I don't know how long.

For shotgun reloading I have three presses. A MEC 650 in 12-ga for when I want to make a lot of ammo fairly quickly. And a MEC Sizemaster in 12-ga which makes 4-boxes an hour and that's really taking my time. And a 20-ga MEC Junior press also makes 4-boxes per hour without any trouble.

While I am no expert, if you (or anyone) has a question about getting started I'd be glad to help!

Nitesite! Thanks for bein here buddy! We're certainly happy to have you!

I think the reloading is very interesting, and I'm sure with your help along with a few others here that are reloading, forum members like myself will benefit greatly!

I'm looking to get into reloading 12 ga. and maybe .410 (the .410 is decently more expensive) in the very near future. I was planning to go with a Lee Load All. My interest in reloading is to be able to load mostly buckshot, but I'd like to be able to load along the lines of the Federal low recoil or Hornady with the flite control wad. I dont even know if obtaining the flite control wad is possible, I havent looked into those yet.

Anyway, that is another topic, we should maybe make a reloading subforum under ammunition!

Nitesite, thanks!

Welcome to the forum Sir.

Glad to have you aboard. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy!

Again, I really appreciate the warm welcome I've received here. Y'all are great. If there is anything that I can help with please let me know by PM or post or email.///

Back