• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Orlando Florida

rene

Hello to all. My name is Rene and first hand Im a guy not a woman. LOL. Im an automotive technitian that works at pepboys. Born in Puerto Rico but a huge love for this country. People say Im a REDNORICAN because I listen to country, rock and also love guns. I hope to have some fun and good information and knowledge about my new toy. My toy is a Mossberg 930 non spx or sxp how ever you call it.

Rene, Its good to have ya!!! One of my good friends up here is Puerto Rican and he has long been called the Rican Redneck!

We appreciate havin you here!

Boricua! Aye que rico!

Welcome to the site. I'm just your typical Irish-Americal gun nut, but one of my best and oldest friends is from Ponce. He's responsible for almost all the Spanish I know which mostly a collection of swear words and just enough to be able to order some mofongo and platanos fritos when I travel to Miami on business. We're glad to have you on board. Be sure to post up some photos of that new 930 when you get a chance.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Glad to have you as part of our growing community. I have spent a lot of time in PR while traveling when I lived in St. Kitts for 3 years. Do you get travel back to the PR often?

Rossignol said:
Rene, Its good to have ya!!! One of my good friends up here is Puerto Rican and he has long been called the Rican Redneck!

We appreciate havin you here!

LOL thats Funny, Ive never heard that one before. ja ja

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Boricua! Aye que rico!

Welcome to the site. I'm just your typical Irish-Americal gun nut, but one of my best and oldest friends is from Ponce. He's responsible for almost all the Spanish I know which mostly a collection of swear words and just enough to be able to order some mofongo and platanos fritos when I travel to Miami on business. We're glad to have you on board. Be sure to post up some photos of that new 930 when you get a chance.

Enjoy the site!

LOL, we puertoricans have a saying in spanish, lo malo siempre se pega. It means tha bad things always sticks. Meaning bad worlds are the first thing we always learn. in a way. Also you just made me hungry mentioning mofongo and platanos. Now Ill have to travel like an hour so I can have some of that good food. ja ja

DHonovich said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Glad to have you as part of our growing community. I have spent a lot of time in PR while traveling when I lived in St. Kitts for 3 years. Do you get travel back to the PR often?

Yes from time to time I go to visit the family that I left behind. I was there last new years eve. Its so sad, such a beautiful place but such mean people. Thats why I move here, because the law is respected. And everything is organize.

I find something about the simplicity of a pump action to be a beautiful and instantly gratifiying thing!

rene said:
Now my baby is a Mossberg 500 tactical since the 930 was defective. Now this I like !!!! :D
Glad you were able to get that all worked out and still stay in the Mossberg family!

I shoot the 500 yesterday. And it hurts shooting slugs !!! LOL but 00 bucks was fun. Im happy with the 500 !!

rene said:
I shoot the 500 yesterday. And it hurts shooting slugs !!! LOL but 00 bucks was fun. Im happy with the 500 !!
There are some stocks that you can put on the Mossberg 500 that will make shooting slugs very enjoyable :twisted: .

Rene, how tall are you? The Length of Pull from the trigger face to the end of the stock is right around 14" and I'm 5' 9" (sometimes I'm 5' 10" with my boots on! lol ) and the factory 14" can be a little difficult to seat right against my shoulder.

If slugs are hurting and you cant get square behind the stock, like Dan mentioned, there are a huge number of choices! A Hogue 12" stock may work, and I believe the adjustable stocks will often go down to 11". A shorter stock will help you to square up better and you will almost instantly see (or feel) an improvement!

Rossignol said:
Rene, how tall are you? The Length of Pull from the trigger face to the end of the stock is right around 14" and I'm 5' 9" (sometimes I'm 5' 10" with my boots on! lol ) and the factory 14" can be a little difficult to seat right against my shoulder.

If slugs are hurting and you cant get square behind the stock, like Dan mentioned, there are a huge number of choices! A Hogue 12" stock may work, and I believe the adjustable stocks will often go down to 11". A shorter stock will help you to square up better and you will almost instantly see (or feel) an improvement!

Im 5'11. What your saying sounds about right. I feel that the stock is kinda making the shotgun very long for me. Even the pump action, I have to stretch my arm a little for it. I was looking at those tactical stock for the 500 on e bay the other days. Do you have a good brand in mind ? My brother also said he could help with that though.

If I didnt have or like my Knoxx I would have the Mesa Tactical high tube. High tube because I am loving the reflex sight on my shotgun.

Rene, up to this point my preference for a short LOP stock is Hogue. Its a standard or traditional stock, so the safety can still be easily accessed.

That said, there are some adjustable stocks I'm interested in. The Mesa Tactical is one I have long liked, but the new ATI stocks with the aluminum buffer tube and aluminum upgrades with cheek riser looks like something worth tryin out too. There are reviews on here for several tactical styled stocks like the ATI, BlackHawk, Phoenix Technology KickLite, the Hogue mentioned above also. Lots of pics too!

Back