• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Texas

EdQ

Copper BB
Howdy!

I recently found this place while researching mods for a Maverick 88. I got it from Academy about a day after Hurricane Katrina hit back in 2006.

Although I live in Texas, my elderly Dad lives in Biloxi. When Katrina hit, all I saw was death, destruction and looting on the news. Phone lines were down, and I couldn’t get a hold of him. So my cousin and I loaded up the truck with food, water, gas, tools and the cheapest shotgun I could find at Academy at the time - my Maverick 88 - and headed down to look for him. I eventually found my Dad safe and sound with a bunch of friendly neighbors pitching in and everyone helping each other out - media blew it all out of proportion as usual. So luckily, there was no need for the shotgun, but it was good to have just in case.

Anyway, I’ve shot it at the range a few times since then, but here I am 14 years later wanting to mod it out a bit as part of my home defense plan. So far, I put on a shorter barrel, took out the mag plug and am thinking of adding a light, a shorter stock and slapping on a shot shell card. In the meantime, I hope to learn from everyone on here and contribute when I can.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
index.php

Reactions: EdQ
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
Cheers!
:cheers:

Reactions: EdQ
Back