• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from WI

Howdy Ripley! Welcome to MO from the north! The push/pull takes practice but these guys are right...it works. I still get a lil bruising on my shoulder now and again if I'm shooting higher velocity loads and of course if I'm out for a full day of shooting. But the push/ pull method sure takes a big chunk of that recoil out. When shootin slugs...make sure you've got a solid cheek weld too...otherwise...ouch!

Looking forward to learning more about my new (used) gun, and all that goes along with it. I'll post a pic once I get one of it.

I have sold my first Mossberg and I really regret it to this day... but you being on the other side if the line (buyer of a used Mossberg) really scored big (circumstantial on purchase price lol)... the 500 is truly an excellent shotgun. It won't let you down.. and if she does, there is enough expertise roaming these forums to get it running again.

Welcome to the forums and if you need anything, feel free to shoot me a message!

Edit: how do you like the FNX 9?? Been considering one for carry but comparative to my G23 I also sold (it's a bad habit) it might be ever more uncomfortable lol

I only got to shoot a few rounds through it unfortunately. What I can say is if I buy it, a few things will have to change. The pyramid style grip texture has to be filed as it tends to grind on my hand, and is very uncomfortable for my wife. I know a lot of glocks have this too, and a lot of people like it, but for me it doesn't work. Aside from that, it fits well in the hand, shoots well, and doesn't have much recoil. My dad and brother have both put hundreds of rounds through this thing without an issue.

I've yet to find a pistol where the texture of the grip has bothered me that much... unfortunately the grip angle on the Glock was driving me insane and I ended up leaving it at home because I wasn't confident with it. The FNX looks to be more up the 1911 ally and I loved that grip style. Plenty of options in the market however.

Back