• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Help! 590ai action bar rivets scraping magazine tube

ciddly

Just purchased a A1 and love it! Only problem is the action bar rivets are cutting into the mag tube significantly. Any ideas I have attempted to polish them down with a dremel with limited success.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having a problem with your 590.

Any chance you could post a pic or two of where is is rubbing?

I wouldn't do any more "polishing" on it till you see what's causing it.(warranty)

Will try and post a pic but if you are looking down the barrel they are on the mag tube at 2,4,7 and 9 o'clock for the travel of the action bar with 4 and 7 being deepest and appear to be starting to remove parkerization

Dosen't look bad from here. I just looked at my 500 and there is normal wear on the magazine tube. It's just some of the finish worn off. JMO

Looks completely normal to me.

Both of mine show the same wear. It's just the action at work, doing what it's supposed to do. If your shotgun still looks new and has no scratches after the first range trip or two you're not using it right... ;)

Those aren't rivets, they're dimples. These dimples, along with a leaf spring, are why Mossbergs don't rattle anymore.

Just purchased a A1 and love it! Only problem is the action bar rivets are cutting into the mag tube significantly. Any ideas I have attempted to polish them down with a dremel with limited success.
I was worried about that too, mines pretty new and i noticed it worn the finish a bit. Just feel it with your hand make sure its not actually digging in. mine looks like yours but still feel smooth so its fine.

Back