• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Heritage Manufacturing Inc.

S

SHOOTER13

I was reading my email on Wednesday and saw an ad from Gander Mountain on a .22lr single action revolver, so I visited Gander on Thursday morning and walked away with a good deal on a Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider...that is usually priced @ $199.99 on sale for $119.99. Total after Tax and NICS was $132.19.

Came with a coupon that offers the .22 Magnum cylinder for only $29.99. Mailed that away this morning.

So...I took it to the range Thursday after leaving the store and was amazed at how accurate it was right from the box, considering it only had a fixed front blade and rear notch for sights. It's quite a nice little single action revolver for the price...

Introducing: The Rough Rider

Specifications:

Caliber: .22LR
Action: Single Action Revolver
Capacity: 6
Barrel length: 4.75"
Frame: Aluminum alloy
Grips: Cocobolo
Sights: Open fixed / notch in rear
Overall length: 10.035"
Overall weight: 33.4 ozs.
Mfg. Number: RR22B4

In the bottom picture, is that some kind of hammer safety on it? None of the ones I have ever handled had that piece.

Yea John...in the 2nd pic the safety IS down.

The safety must be put down before firing.

When you do...it uncovers a red dot...meaning the gun is hot. You can even put the hammer in the fourth notch...but it will not fire until the safety is DOWN.

Every other function is done with the safety UP in the on position...including reloading and taking / swapping out the cylinder.

Congrats on new gun. They seem to be good bargain. I have one in 6.5 inch barrel. I like it i can shoot the colibri and cci quite without disturbing anyone and no ear muffs pretty cool. My only issue is older eyes require me to wear my glasses to see those sights. It carrys nice in field checking traps havent tried the mag cylinder yet but will soon. Happy shooting

Thanks shooter.

None of the older ones have that safety.

Congrats on new gun. They seem to be good bargain. I have one in 6.5 inch barrel. I like it i can shoot the colibri and cci quite without disturbing anyone and no ear muffs pretty cool. My only issue is older eyes require me to wear my glasses to see those sights. It carrys nice in field checking traps havent tried the mag cylinder yet but will soon. Happy shooting

Thanks Djcala...it is nice that you can shoot everything and anything .22 ( BB/CB caps, Short, Long, and Long Rifle... ) in that handy single action...looking forward to getting the .22 Magnum cylinder to cover everything offered in that caliber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yea John...I myself don't like the safety either, but...it's the world we live in now.

Yea John...I myself don't like the safety either, but...it's the world we live in now.

Unfortunately, yes it is the world we live in anymore. Too many cone head, ambulance chasing lawyers.

Same with the newer imported Tokarev TT30's and the likes. My old norinco didn't have a thumb safety, nor was it supposed to. All the newer imports in the last 5 years have a goofy and ill-placed thumb safety.

I have an HS Schmidt model 21s that is near the same gun as the rough rider, though was imported from Germany many years ago. It has a blocking bar, but no manual thumb safety.

I incorporated a rear sight in it too. I can't tell that it made it any more accurate than it was because it isn't all that great to begin with, but they're there at any rate. It was my wifes' late Stepfathers plinker.

holli playing outside 045.JPG

holli playing outside 046.JPG

Oh yeah, a guy at work was just telling me about these. They make other chamberings too. They're good lookin guns at a reasonable price.

Nice single action you got SHOOTER13.

I have been out of gun buying for several years but lately I really really feel I need a revolver chambered in .22LR.

I want a .22-cal handgun that will shoot any rimfire ammo that fits in it.

That's a fine looking gun John...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks nitesite...it fills the last niche in my .22 line-up.

I own two .22LR Marlin Rifles ( Model 80C Bolt & Model 60 Semi-Auto )...a Browning Buck Mark Semi-Auto .22LR Pistol...a Davis Derringer in .22 Magnum...and now this Heritage Rough Rider Single Action in .22LR ...and when I get the extra cylinder shipped to me, a .22 Magnum.

I can now shoot .22 BB / CB caps, Short, Long, Long Rifle, and Magnum Cartridges...

I would really like to get an SAA revolver in .22 magnum, but with the Evil Roy type safety.

Probably not very accurate arrangement but a whole lot of fun to shoot.

I just missed out on one of these at an Academy Sports BF sale for $99. Guy in front of me had just bought the last two. This was at noon so I'll have to head out a little earlier next year... ;)

But seeing the dorky safety they now come with may be a deal breaker...

I was same about the safety. But when im using it with the grandkids comes in handy. Also nice for carrying it full instead of one empty chamber ive gotten used to it now. Give it a whirl il think youll like it.

Alright mr heritage time for some site alignment. Really like this pistol mine just really shot low and left. Finally tired of Kentucky windage. Set up at 15 yards fired 3 cci mini mags and then 3 cci quites rested for a baseline. The quites were uggh.
So gonna set up with mini mags. Heritage site alignment tool ? Why yes my handy dandy SOG multitool. Pliers and a file.
Bend a lil file a lil shoot then repeat. Hit bull QUIT touch up site with sharpy call it good. It aint gonna shoot with my Rugers but its serviceable now and i really have fun shooting it.is this proper hell i dont know its a 125 dollar pistol and now it hits where i point. 20170524_112651.jpg 1495644122271-1988928022.jpg 1495644265026-51412335.jpg

Man that multi-tool really comes in handy. I have a few of them.

I have a similar inexpensive revolver from Cimarron that shoots .357mag.

I've actually shot that one much straighter than any of my other modern pistols. Good barrel.

Just finished up cleaning my guns from Range Day Thursday when I heard a thud on the porch...and a delivery truck put it in gear and drive away...

Turns out I finally got the .22 Magnum Cylinder for my new Heritage Rough Rider Revolver...after a 52 day wait.

Guess I gotta go back to the range again today and see where she prints with the CCI .22WMR HP Maxi Mag loads I bought in bulk.
biggrin.gif

It's gonna take you a very long time to shoot all of those up.

But that's not a bad thing.

Yea John...according to my Excel spreadsheet: between the 800 rounds of .22 Magnum...the 500 rounds of .22 Short...the 500 rounds of .22 Long...

and the 38,180 rounds ( 76.36 Bricks ) of .22 Long Rifle...I gots some shootin' to do !! :D

Back