• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hey from a new mossberg owner

Hey everyone, my name is Aaron from Burlington NC. I've got a Family of 4, and am the Only guy in the house. I'm a new Mossberg owner since Monday night. Bought a 500 persuader. So far I've got a flashlight/Laser combo, and have ordered one of the Phoenix tech stocks, and a NCStar scabbard. Very pleased so far, can't wait to get it out to the range soon!

Welcome from MI!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your 500 Pursuader and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Howdy ToastiestLemon and welcome to the club. Don't forget to get a cleaning kit and trigger lock. ;)

ToastiestLemon, Welcome aboard!

I love the Persuader, I have one myself! Hopefully I get it sent soon for duracoating finally!

I actually need to pick up both of those. Any recommendations? (I do have the lock she came with) and rossignol I would love to get mine in a matte black, or at least something not as shiny. But I'm not too sure that my boss, I mean wife (only kidding) wants me to spend much more on my "stuff" at this point.

ToastiestLemon (I'm sure there's a story behind that screen name... :D )

Great pump shotgun for starters. It should never let you down, even with less than the best care and maintenance. I bet my life at both work and home, just about 24/7, to a couple of Mossberg 12-ga pumps. I trust 'em 100% and have never felt a need to replace them with any other brand or model.

Welcome aboard, shotgun dude!

Hello from St Louis. Get ye to a range!!!! hehe

Range then change is my rule - just like a car you gotta know what you want and why before you modify. Firearms and cars may be apples and oarnges but you get my drift, eh?! Go have some fun!!

Hey mingaa, I absolutely agree with you, BUT...when my wife says I can spend more on my toys..I'm not gonna turn that down haha. And I can always change back if I don't like the way she performs!

ToastiestLemon said:
I actually need to pick up both of those. Any recommendations? (I do have the lock she came with) and rossignol I would love to get mine in a matte black, or at least something not as shiny. But I'm not too sure that my boss, I mean wife (only kidding) wants me to spend much more on my "stuff" at this point.

I dont personally use the locks on mine, but if/when I do, like to make an impression for my mother in law, I just put the cable lock on it that it came with.

Toast, I've been putting off the Duracoat for over a year on my Persuader. I think its time! well, maybe. Its definitely closer! :D I'm gonna have some sort of urban camo dome done, but I want to incorporate tan or FDE also! So the base would be the tan, then grey, then black... Soon man, soon!

That sounds like a good looking color scheme! Are you planning on doing it yourself or get it done? I think I'm gonna wait until the factory finish wears down some before I mess with it any.

I'm sending it to one of our members here, he goes by "AC45ACP" and owns Defensive Impact.
Defensive Impact

Adam is great to work with and very knowledgable and willing to help. He can make awesome patterns just from looking at pictures of what you want.

The idea of the urban camo came from a pic he sent me of a Desert Eagle. He has lots of pics using that tan and it will look sweet with the grey and black too!

Heres a pic from the Defensive Impact site. You can see the tan on the Sig 556 on the left, theres a Mossberg 590 SPX in the middle, then the 870 on the right with the coyote tan, grey and matte black. The colors on the 870 are what I want, but not that pattern.

DSC00665.jpg

Again, these pics belong to Defensive Impact and are not mine.

Back