• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi guy's can I put the Mossberg 4*4 bolt in my Mossberg ATR?

Stephen24

.22LR
Guy's I have a question can I buy the MOSSBERG 4*4 bolt and drop it right in my MOSSBERG 100 ATR RIFLE? I just like the way that bolt look on the 4*4 rifle.

Re: Hi guy's can I put the Mossberg 4*4 bolt in my Mossberg

Not sure on that one, but I know who can help you out...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Shoot Joe and e-mail and he should be able to let you know if the bolts are interchangeable...

Guys I just sent Joe an email today will update you all on the infomation soon I GET IT.

Hey guys these are Joe exact words about interchanging the ATR 100 & the MVP 4*4 bolt's. ENJOY!!!!

Good morning

The spiral bolt assembly can interchange from the ATR for 4x4. These are restricted items as they cannot be sold directly. the firearm Can be sent in to have it replaced for estimate of $60.00. The ATR cannot receive the MVP /4x4 magazine as it runs on a different cut on the receiver.

Stephen24 said:
Hey guys these are Joe exact words about interchanging the ATR 100 & the MVP 4*4 bolt's. ENJOY!!!!

Good morning

The spiral bolt assembly can interchange from the ATR for 4x4. These are restricted items as they cannot be sold directly. the firearm Can be sent in to have it replaced for estimate of $60.00. The ATR cannot receive the MVP /4x4 magazine as it runs on a different cut on the receiver.

That's good to know they are interchangeable! Thanks!

Thanks for the update.

As far as production goes, it makes sense to have multiple rifles using the same bolt design...

I prefer the plain ATR bolt over the fluted 4x4 bolt. I don't care about the looks, but it's easier to keep the smooth ATR bolt clean and the bigger thing is the fluted bolt's sharp edges of the fluting likes to grab the rear of the action when cycling the bolt... it doesn't operate as smoothly. Too bad about Mossberg's 'restricted' items. I'd love to get a cheap ATR in '06 or 270 and then buy a 338 (338 not available in the ATR) barrel and magnum bolt face. Would be a cheap and easy way to get an ATR in 338 win. With this combo, the Boyd's stocks would be a direct bolt on and the action of the ATR doesn't need the removable 4x4 magazine to feed the ammo.

Back