• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Please make yourself at home. If you get a chance post up some pictures of your firearms as we all enjoy checking out each others collections.

Hey man, wassup and how ya doin!

Oh yeah, we're all about the pictures! Then we can make fun of each other and call ourselves nOObs and stuff! haha! Just kidding!!! Ok well, I am still a nOOb.

Good to have you for sure!

Thanks for the welcome. As requested I have posted some pics below.

Enjoy.

e3a773f4-1.jpg

0c14cb1a.jpg

060fc8c2.jpg

ccd1138a.jpg

dbc8471a.jpg

Rossignol said:
Real nice! Hows your SPX runnin for ya?

Its ok. but after a Few hundred rounds it has a hard time cycling through birdsnots. I will have to then clean it and it will work fine again.

jummybui said:
...after a Few hundred rounds it has a hard time cycling through birdsnots.

Ah ha! I believe I have solved your problem! I would try the birdshot in place of the "birdsnots"!!! Easy fix, and at no charge! :D :lol:

Rossignol said:
jummybui said:
...after a Few hundred rounds it has a hard time cycling through birdsnots.

Ah ha! I believe I have solved your problem! I would try the birdshot in place of the "birdsnots"!!! Easy fix, and at no charge! :D :lol:

Haha. That would do it. Thanks! :lol:

Welcome aboard Sir!

Glad you found us. Thanks for the pics and let us know if you have any questions. Love that P250!

Here are some more pics. I just got the TacStar 6 round SideSaddle in the mail and installed.

I only had 5 rounds of the hollow point Slugs. need to get more :D

2d1fc6a9-1.jpg

e41eea53.jpg

f6482712.jpg

804ab2d4.jpg

1b5ddc55.jpg

Are those sabots or are they rifled? You may also have folks tellin you to turn the shells with the case head up, and yes they may fall out occasionally, but I carry shells upside down regularly and dont have any issues.

Rossignol said:
Are those sabots or are they rifled? You may also have folks tellin you to turn the shells with the case head up, and yes they may fall out occasionally, but I carry shells upside down regularly and dont have any issues.

They are Sabots. A friend bought them for me. Should I shoot those through the Gun?

You can use the sabots but they will not be very accurate as they really rely on the barrel being rifled.

EDIT:

Dan posted right before I did, so some of this is redundant.

You can... But if the barrel is a smooth bore or cylinder bore, a rifled slug is going to be more accurate. The sabot is designed to work in a rifled barrel as the round its self has no rifling, more like a bullet through any long gun. A rifle is a rifled barrel, the bullet is not. Thats how a sabot through a shotgun works too.

If you fire the sabot through a smooth bore barrel, as the 930 SPX is, the round will begin to tumble through the air. The sabot round relies on the rifling to stabalize it, where a rifled slug has rifling incorporated to produce the spin it needs to be stabalized through the bore of the gun. Some chokes are rifled I think.

Oh! Also, shot (birdshot or buckshot) through a rifled barrel doesnt work so good either. The pattern will be like a doughnut, circlular with a big hole in the middle, and depending on the range, the hole can be big enough for a small mammal to fit through. Or if you turkey hunt, you can forget hitting the thing in the head.

So, on the 930 SPX, take a look at the left side of the barrel in front of the receiver. It will have the barrel length, the length of the shell it is chambered for, and I believe you will find it says "cylider bore", which is a smooth barrel and essentially an open choke. This is great for things like buckshot and rifled slugs!!! :)

Back