• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

High school band honors communist revolution

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-sorry-about-hammer-sickle.html

The HS band in the article had a half time show with music by a Russian composer and were carrying the hammer and sicle. It made some national news outlets today.

What bothers me the most is that this isn't some liberal school disctrict in San Francisco but a small town near Gettysburg, PA, U.S.A. What happened to small town America? If they wanted to honor a revolution we had a much better one in 1776.

What the hell? I'm curious to hear more about this.

Some local articles on this have quotes from people defending the band and swearing that it's not a political statement. Regardless, it's in the worst taste in my book.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I don't care what the statement is, we don't put the symbols of communism in our childrens hands!

I won't apologize for pratiotism and traditional values. No symbols of communism, I'm thoroughly sick over the tolerance crap.

I have much more I wanna say, but typing on my phone sux.

Back