• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Holsters, We have them! ***Photo Thread***

Got my Alien Gear combo

AlienGearHolsters_001_zps9fh1md4a.jpg

AlienGearHolsters_002_zpsrxvrnhor.jpg

First impressions are good. They have good retention right out of the box so I have not fiddled with them. I've not used a IWB except for a cheap Uncle Mikes many years ago so I was anxious to try that one out. I wore it when me and the GF went to breakfast this morning and it rode great. The neoprene backing was comfy.

OK, It's been a couple months and I have been using the IWB holster exclusively. It took some getting used to, I have not used an IWB holster before. I carry it all day every day, unless restricted by law, and even then I still tend to have the holster with me.

Pros: The neoprene backing is very comfortable. Retention is very good. It keeps the gun very close and unless you are bending over to pick something up, most people would never even notice it was there (I am a big guy so I suppose that helps mask it as well.) It's well made and after a couple months shows little wear. It is very easy to insert and remove from the beltline, something I am not used to using OWB holsters and a big plus IMHO.

Cons: The retention screws and clip screws do need to be checked frequently, they do work loose. The metal backing plates can cause some rubbing issues if the holster tends to flex where they are located, which mine does. The neoprene will cause you to sweat a bit more under the holster. Will not fit if your cloths are already snug (not a fault of the holster but worth noting if you are thinking of going IWB.)

Overall I am very happy with it and would highly recommend it. For the price, it's a steal.

The following pics are of the holster as of today.

AG_IWB_003_zpsjthaieda.jpg

AG_IWB_010_zps7fyfiv4p.jpg

AG_IWB_011_zpsoi6xdyne.jpg

AG_IWB_012_zpshq34kcn4.jpg

I think I will be switching up to the OWB model for a while to give it a fair evaluation

Yeah Mike, the screws on the belt clips were coming loose on my Alien Gear too. Put some red Loctite on 'em and have been good to go. Up to 4 of their IWB holsters now and will have a few more for sure...

Yeah Mike, the screws on the belt clips were coming loose on my Alien Gear too. Put some red Loctite on 'em and have been good to go. Up to 4 of their IWB holsters now and will have a few more for sure...
Going forward I will do that, I just wanted to see how it held up as-is.

Good news is the screws that secure the shells to the base haven't budged at all. Must be the movement in the belt clips that works 'em loose...

Good news is the screws that secure the shells to the base haven't budged at all. Must be the movement in the belt clips that works 'em loose...
It was mostly the belt clips that cam lose on mine.

I also orderred a shell for my P22. Never know when you need a really compact carry. I also like to carry it in the woods around my cabin for red squirrel control.

Can anyone suggest a holster for open carry, similar maybe to a duty holster with lvl2-3 retention, for the Kimber UCII?

I've checked Fobus, Safari Land, G-Code, Eagle, Blackhawk... Who have I left out?

Can anyone suggest a holster for open carry, similar maybe to a duty holster with lvl2-3 retention, for the Kimber UCII?

I've checked Fobus, Safari Land, G-Code, Eagle, Blackhawk... Who have I left out?
Desantis, Galco, Raven. A lot of the open carry guys here like Raven, the gun fits tight but not sure of retention level.

A lot also like Blackhawk serpa. I do not, to many cases of failure where some pebble or something got in the release mechanism and to many nd's upon drawing due to design.

The Blackhawk Serpa I've looked at and they don't have anything.

The others you mentioned I haven't seen so I'll check those out, thanks for the suggestions!

Picked up a couple of OWB holsters for the Sig Skeeter and found a IWB CrossBreed Super tuck last night.
Into all three for about $35 total.
CrossBreed:

OWB paddle Skeeter

Strong Holster Co. pancake OWB Skeeter

My newest holster uses the Ulticlip. This version is not tuckable. It's a straight drop IWB with a full grip above the waistband. Two layers of 6oz leather saddle stitched together reinforces the mouth so it stays open. The Ulticlip can attach directly to the waistband and be covered by the belt so it disappears completely.

image.jpeg

Vurry nice!

How do you like it so far?

Thank you, and so far I like it a lot! I got the ride height just right for appendix carry. I can bend over and sit down without having to either adjust the holster first or having to try and pull my pants up above my belly button.

I've tried it as a cross draw holster. It works but the grip turns out too far and becomes visible under at shirt. For appendix, no one among my family and friends has been able to tell when I'm carrying it until I say something.

It draws smooth and stays open. Also comfortable enough that while you never really forget you're carrying, it's easy to get to where you're not really noticing. Does that make sense? Lol

The photo i posted above, I also posted to Instagram. I used several hashtags including #ulticlip, the maker of the clip I used. Turns out they do a monthly drawing for prizes which are e-gift cards for Amazon. I woke up this morning and eventually saw a notification from Ulticlip on Instagram saying I had won this months $50 prize for posting my holster and using the Ulticlip hashtag!

How is the clip attaching to the belt?

It isn't. It's actually attached just to the waistband of my jeans.

One of the ideas behind the Ulticlip is that, had this been a tuckable design, the clip is never visible. Nothing appears on the belt to indicate a holster is being worn as is the case of almost every tuckable holster commercially available.

I don't personally have need of a tuckable holster but I may try making one someday.

Back