• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Home invasion very close to our home today - perp shot by police and is dead.

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Garage door smashed in, and perp forces entry into home. This was not far from where Kathy and I live. In fact, it was quite close to us.

Anyway, the perp shoots the homeowner in the leg and starts stealing stuff including the keys to his Jeep.

Perp has the Decatur po-po on him in the stolen Jeep and when they stop him he gets out and opens fire upon the Police, who of course fire back and the guy takes the room temperature challenge but he lost that game.

I commented to my wife "that is why I keep a few loaded firearms around," to which she said two simple words in reply.

"A few?"

That reminds me.

I seldom go into the attic, but it still wouldn't hurt to have one there. Everywhere else is pretty well covered.

That reminds me.

I seldom go into the attic, but it still wouldn't hurt to have one there. Everywhere else is pretty well covered.

I am positive that everywhere else in your home is pretty well covered.

Pretty much. I take the safety and security of my family as serious as you do.

I have heard the words Fort Dad and Fort Knox come out of their mouths more than once.

You guys must practice the old military "Rule of Ten"?

Never be more than 10 feet from your loaded weapon!

Regards

Back