• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How hot is it really???

When I was younger I liked the hottest peppers, but these new peppers that have been developed I don't thing I care to try any.
I am not a pepper eater except the very mild stuff. My throat and sinus got burned with causetc cleaning vapors when I worked for Banquet chicken. I used to like the hot, but not extremely hot sauces. Now I feel like my eye sockets are on fire when I dab a little Tapatio on my omelettes.

Growing up on a Texas cattle ranch we had hot peppers on the table three meals a day. They were a staple just as salt, pepper, and homemade butter. To this day I eat them every day but my wife thinks bell peppers are too hot!

But the funniest part is her reluctance to kiss the old man after a meal. Says her lips will swell up! But I do get a big hug and kiss on the cheek after complimenting her on her cooking. Life is good!

About the only peppers too hot for me were those tiny Thai hot peppers we got during the Vietnam War. Many of the folks in SEA used them to season food. But after eating a few you drank a lot of PBR! The national beer of the war.

Remembering the good old days!

Growing up on a Texas cattle ranch we had hot peppers on the table three meals a day. They were a staple just as salt, pepper, and homemade butter. To this day I eat them every day but my wife thinks bell peppers are too hot!

But the funniest part is her reluctance to kiss the old man after a meal. Says her lips will swell up! But I do get a big hug and kiss on the cheek after complimenting her on her cooking. Life is good!

About the only peppers too hot for me were those tiny Thai hot peppers we got during the Vietnam War. Many of the folks in SEA used them to season food. But after eating a few you drank a lot of PBR! The national beer of the war.

Remembering the good old days!
Glad I could help bring back a few good memories for ya.

The hottest pepper I remember was served on my plate at breakfast in a hotel restaurant in Lubbock about 40 years ago. I don't remember what it was called, but it was green, about the size of my thumb, and hotter than a $2 firecracker on the 4th of July. It was just sitting on the plate next to the home fries .

I have a ghost pepper plant on my patio. To scared to eat them but wanted to see if they would grow.

Also have jalapeno and serano. Those are good.

I am so totally done with that chit…

I decided it was possible to get chili poisoning way too easily.
I have had a little shaker of crushed red peppers for over a year. I like a little heat in my canned chili and sometimes in my taco meat. I stay away from the hot stuff. I used too much of that yellow mustard in a Cantonese restaurant once and I thought I would burn out everything behind my eyes. It was so hot I couldn't sweat, couldn't cry, and couldn't blink for fear of spreading the burn. I'm a wuss when it comes to hot peppers.

I have had a little shaker of crushed red peppers for over a year. I like a little heat in my canned chili and sometimes in my taco meat. I stay away from the hot stuff. I used too much of that yellow mustard in a Cantonese restaurant once and I thought I would burn out everything behind my eyes. It was so hot I couldn't sweat, couldn't cry, and couldn't blink for fear of spreading the burn. I'm a wuss when it comes to hot peppers.

LMAO. Hombre I just about spit my coffee out reading about that mustard.

Back