• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How many is too many?

590guy

.270 WIN
Are four Mossberg shotguns too many? I am looking at another 590 for sale on gunbroker.com but not sure if I should. It's a different finish than the 2 other 590s I have, which is what's drawing me to it. How many do you all have? I guess I'm asking if I should be content with 3 lol

What the?!? You're overthinking this. Will buying the gun keep you from paying your bills or buying groceries? If no, then buy it. If yes, then save up to buy it.

Is that even a thing?

I say if you want it and have the disposable income then go for it.

I'm in a situation I have to justify the usefulness of each firearm.

Lost all of mine in a boating accident...guess I need to start looking all over again when I get time...

If you start to oil them, and by the time you've oiled the last one the first one is already rusty again, you have too many.
As long as you can protect and maintain them, so they don't turn to crap, you're still good.

If you just wrap them in cosmoline and plastic and bury them, I guess that counts too. :rolleyes:

I have 4 500's and more than a few other shotguns ;)
Plenty of pistols and rifles.
You can never have to many :)

I own 3 Mossberg shotguns and I'm looking at 1 more. A JIC - just for the fun of it! Probably a more practical HD shotgun as well.

One thing you may want to consider is taking one gun and changing it up every time the spirit moves you. Check out the thread "The evolution of my 590". This is a good example of what can be done with this very versital weapons system.

Good luck!!!!

Thanks for the input guys. I do enjoy looking at all the options that can be installed and will post pics when/if I win the bid. The way it's set up now is pretty sweet looking

I have got 3 Mossberg shotguns. Two 590A1s and a Mossberg Maverick 88. I bought the 88 first and fired several 1000 rounds before I got the 20" 590A1. A few years later I got an 18.5" 590A1 too.

Here's why the new addition looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 15
Back