• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

how often to re-sight and clean your gun?

Also, after how many rounds do you guys clean your gun? I'm not looking for old school "after every time you shoot" people, I'm talking about people who through experience know how often to clean guns and when they really need it

Thirty-Six inches of Weedeater line melted flat on one end to about .20-caliber, and sharpened on the other end to punch thru a cotton patch. Slide patch down to flattened end. Pull thru with a little bit of solvent and you will be GTG. Do this after 500-750 rounds when the bore needs a bit of shine.

For .22lr & .22mag, from my front porch to the tree line East. About 45 yds I reckon :).

house.jpg~original
You could get a weed eater for all that ocean of weeds and little sticks growing around your house:)

Sweet Cheese Us~~~

With a 7T (if I owned one) I would zero really a really tight group at the following:

1"-LOW at 15-yards

With most ammo you should be GTG at 50-yards and still hit accurately out to 75-90 yards.

Do this and leave it alone after that.
What do you mean by 1" low at 15 yds? Are you saying zero at 50 yds then if I'mshooting at 15 yds aim 1" low on the target?

What do you mean by 1" low at 15 yds? Are you saying zero at 50 yds then if I'mshooting at 15 yds aim 1" low on the target?

Sort of. But the opposite.

I mean I would set a zeroing target @15 yards because it's nice and close for finer iron sight accuracy (you might actually shoot one hole groups). Then the sights are gradually adjusted so the final group is 1" lower than your aiming point and the rest of the potential range for a .22LR is just about set.

I only resight if the sights only if the POI is off...dont see why else you would need to mess with something thats working or what you would gain .....as for cleaning, I clean my firearms often as I do my vehicles & UTV etc.... anything I care about I am sort of anal with....I find it theraputic not a chore and keeps everything running & looking perfect .... but if something comes up and i cannot get to it I can realistically clean every 200 - 400 rounds or so with no problems or accuracy degradation ......

Back