• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

how to convert a 12g riot gun into a target gun...

here's my late 70's 12g/18" LE issue Mossberg 500 riot gun. Found a really nice original Mossberg 500 28" ventilated rib, twin bead/wide rib target barrel choked Mod. Had it out yesterday and smashed all but a few 16 yard ATA targets. Bought the original gun for $175, then found the additional 28" target barrel on eBay for $102. $277 for the whole package. Not too bad... :cool:

photo%25202.JPG

DSC_0178.JPG

That gun looks so good no matter which barrel is attached.

If you ever decide that you want your money back for it, please let me have first dibs on it.

And yes, that was a serious request.

John A. said:
That gun looks so good no matter which barrel is attached.

If you ever decide that you want your money back for it, please let me have first dibs on it.

And yes, that was a serious request.

Maybe - with a little profit margin built in! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Looking good slug! Looking real good! I'm glad that I'm seeing more folks with wood furniture, and it makes me happy! :)

mingaa said:
If the walls were thick enough you could have threaded the 18" for chokes - voila!

no need for choke tubes. The 18" barrel is choked CYL, the 28" VR target barrel is choked Mod. Bases covered...

Nice gun; I wish I had an old 500 with wood furniture and that whole two-barrel setup

I've always been a synthetic kinda guy. But after seeing that 500 with the wood furniture... I want one!!!

I see 500 pumps on the trap field all the time. With that choked 28" barrel, that is a tool that will do the job.

Sunday, I saw a college student breaking birds with one of those evil, black, tactical pumps

Back