• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

HUGE Home/Boat/RV fire extinguisher recall (plastic handle models)

I got a replacement for one of our old ones that I kept in my shop. They replaced it and included a return fedex shipping label for the old one.

I haven't checked the one in my boat because it's at my Moms' place, but your post reminded me that I need to look at it too.

I fully suspect the old one would've still worked, but the new one they sent sure seems to be better made. Especially in the plunger and valve area.

I checked the one we have at the house. it was not on the list. Still have a couple to check when I get up to the lake. One at the condo and one on the boat. Thanks for taking the time to post the info.

Well I have one bad one and two good ones. Thank you for posting Nitesite.

By the way back in the 1980s I worked as a tool designer for a subsidiary company of the Kidde corporation.

What a multinational conglomerate octopus that thing was! OMG!
Go look it up sometime if you want to fall asleep reading the list of companies that they own.

Fortunately I got out of it, when they asked me to teach at their corporate headquarters in Atlanta Georgia, and I said that I would not leave California.

I have my possibly defective one in the shipping box ready to FedEx it back but I'm being playful and waiting for them to contact me and remind us that they have not received it yet.

I waited about a week before sending mine back.

Now that you're working day shift, you'd probably have to leave it on the front porch for fed-up.

Back