• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I believe this will be my daughter's next gun!

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
This is the Mossberg 500 Bantam! 20 ga 22" VR Barrel twin bead (which will be promptly changed out for front and rear 3 dot fiber optics) is threaded Accu Choke and includes a flush mount choke (though I dont know the constriction) and is a real nice 13" LOP, 5 + 1 capacity. She loves these VR barrel field guns! She really doesnt care if its wood or synthetic, she knows what she wants, being the barrel primarily, and is happy with whatever that includes.

54132.jpg

I am excited to see Ally get a Mossberg 500 bantam! Sounds like it will be a perfect fit for her. Keep us updated.

I'll definitely let you know as it unfolds!

The .410 is not a bantam and is a stard LOP, so this will be an improvent in handling, I know it will help her out with how she stands and focusses or redirects the recoil with her body. The .410 is a 24" barrel, but isnt heavy enough to be too off balance.

We found a pretty good deal on it, She says it was $227, but I think its more like $267. Either way, MSRP from OFM is $375.

Need to figure out the choke on it and will likely get a few more. What she wants is to be able to go from slugs to 00 buck, so we'll be lookin into IC, probably Mod, and Full.

If they made a thumb hole turkey model in matte black and synthetic with a 12 or 13" LOP, I think she'd do that, but it would have to be threaded for choke tubes too. She doesnt want to not be able to shoot slugs through it.

Rossignol said:
This is the Mossberg 500 Bantam! 20 ga 22" VR Barrel twin bead (which will be promptly changed out for front and rear 3 dot fiber optics) is threaded Accu Choke and includes a flush mount choke (though I dont know the constriction) and is a real nice 13" LOP, 5 + 1 capacity. She loves these VR barrel field guns! She really doesnt care if its wood or synthetic, she knows what she wants, being the barrel primarily, and is happy with whatever that includes.

54132.jpg

What a smart girl! This is what I want. :D

Nicolette...

I think she has graduated to wanting a 930 24" vent rib with accuchoke and a Beretta pistol since I first posted this! :D

I still like this gun though and would like one for myself, I like the short LOP on it and it looks like a sweet bird gun to me!

Have you priced them, theyre very reasonable!!!

So you were able to check one out in person?

Whaddya think?

Well, If you kill a pretty one, get it mounted. Regardless, theyre delicious, but you do have to shoot them first!

The gun can always be used for those little orange birds too! Or change out the choke to an improved cylinder and go nuts with some 00 buck! ;)

Thats awesome!!! Way to go, I'm really excited for you and you know, YOU KNOW BY NOW, pics are obligatory! Yes? :D

nicoletteish said:
Well Im so excited! Woot! Sn3aky and I are going to pick up my very own Mossberg tomorrow.

Awesome! Congrats guys! Looks like a sweet little shotgun. I'm excited for you to see what it looks like and how it feels in person.

Back