• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I GOT ONE!!

Ttutt

.270 WIN
What a relief! for a minute there I was worried I would end up with no gun that was on the "banned" list in the new bill. Lucky for me, I just squeaked in under the wire! (please note sarcasm)

My Ruger 10/22 just so happens to have a threaded barrel. therefore, it is automatically too dangerous for just any average civilian to own.

this just proves the ridiculousness of the whole bill and anyone that supports it.

I also noted that while pistol grips or forward pistol grips are banned on semi autos, they appear to be just fine on a pump gun. I'd love to know the rationale there.

When are people going to realize that 99% of the features in this bill do not make a gun more dangerous?

I suppose that Congratulations are in order. :)

welcome to the clubhouse.

Coincidentally, you are in a very large number of people who also have "assault weapons" according to their goofy requirements.

I got a chance to read Maryland's assault weapons ban bill, under this bill, the only thing I will be able to take out of the house will be my shotguns, if caught with my mini-14, FnFal, Ar-15 I will be put in jail for 5 years no early release, all guns taken and be labeled a felon, here's the worst part, I have to be fingerprinted by state police, all guns registered, can't leave any assault rifle to my kids, if I take the weapon out of state for any reason, they can't come back into the state, and have to pass numerous classes and shell out about 400.00 just to be able to hold, rent, or purchase a weapon at a gun range.

BenSamp said:
if caught with my imaginary mini-14, FnFal, Ar-15 I would be put in jail for 5 years no early release

Somehow this site is malfunctioning but no worries, I fixed it for you

Head one state north Ben...you can put that Mini-14 in a gun rack in the back window of a pickup and drive without fear (just stay away from Philadelphia). We had guys with AR-15's slung across their back on the steps of the capital last week and nobody said a thing. I feel bad for you guys in these states that a just overwhelmed by liberal elites. Come north (or south or west) brother and set yourself free!

sure is getting expensive to exercise ones rights...

seems as though a certain group not long ago wailed and cried that it amounted to an infringement of rights to require someone to have a photo ID to vote. wonder where all that concern went?

ruger_banner.jpg

Isn't that stupid in a liberal elistist way to have a 10/22 or any 22 LR on a ban list?

I feel for ya Ben. Move up to PA and you can have that Mini 14 in a gun rack in a pick up window...just stay away from Philadelphia.

ive had the 22 for several years already. I just felt like making a snarky comment about the dumb bill.

I haven't been able to figure out how they could put all of the saiga shotguns on the ban list when most of them don't come with a pistol grip or necessarily hold more than five rounds. If the hi cap mags are regulated, then they shouldn't be any more dangerous than any other semi auto shotgun that meets their requirements. As I understand it, the saiga shotgun was developed for hunting, which is why until quite a while after their introduction, they only had a "hunting" stock.

all this ridiculous ban talk makes me want to hurry up and spend money I don't have to get a gun trust and a suppressor for my threaded barrel .22 before it becomes completely impossible.

"All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel."

who's up for a major tacifying of a Mosin Nagant? anyone? lets see how many of these features we can load up on a single bolt action rifle. I already found a website for someone making a 10 round magazine. I mean, a grenade launcher doesn't have to lauch real grenades. I do believe I saw something about the AA12 that it had some special fin stabilized grenade rounds for it. that would mean since any shotgun could fire it, any shotgun is indeed a grenade launcher. might be some interesting engineering to see a non nfa violating rocket propelled round. it would have to have 4 ounces of propellant or less. ( i think ). rocket powered, fin stabilized solid freakin' chunk of tungsten.
all together weighing in at roughly half a pound. what's THAT muzzle energy look like? :lol:

"All ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips, and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds."

dang. I gotta find a way to add a two shell extension onto my 500.
magazine capacity is like a speed limit: illegal to go over, but no good reason not to go right up to the limit.

Back