• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I had some range time with some Mossy 500's this past weekend

GT_80

.270 WIN
I haven't been on the forum too much lately, but I am trying to keep up with work, family, and play time, and I have a bunch of hobbies so... Anyway, I picked up a 500E a few weeks back, and hadn't shot it yet, so I took a few shotties to the range and had some fun.

The 500E is so much fun to shoot, but I really can't see skeet or trap shooting with it, although the shot in these is pretty effective... It's too expensive... So I ordered a corncob for grip for it, and a pistol grip, and I plan to maybe make it a defense gun and "sweeper" style gun :) If I like how it shoots with the pistol grip, I may cut down the factory stock and make a birdshead style stock for it. We'll see. anyway, here is a little video of some range fun mostly with slugs, and buckshot.

funny video intro. I had to laugh.

I personally like a 410, though you're right, they're expensive to shoot. Like 3x more expensive than 12 gauge, which makes no sense at all if comparing them side by side.

(get it? Side by side?--That's a little shotgun humor son) I crack me up.

Back