• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I hate Aguila's Minishells

pepi

.270 WIN
JUST BECAUSE I can't find them anywhere o_O Found a box yesterday ... They only had slugs :mad: The minishells are so cool to shoot. Does Aguila have a patent on the 1 3/4 shells? Looks like other companies would follow. Maybe I need to buy a cheap Lee reloader and mod it to load minishells LOL

Rant over :p

Just some friendly advice, save your money and find yourself a good low recoil 2 3/4" buckshot load instead of betting your life on an underpowered shell that`s requires a rubber adaptor to function properly......I fired that last handful of mine the other day and that`s it.

I've never used them. Never really saw the point personally but everyone has their own likes and needs.

I'll join the growing chorus against mini shells. I deal with potential encounters with bears, mountain lions and coyotes daily and will never trust my life to these types of shells or some rubber adapter gadget that might fall out. As I recommended in an earlier thread start with reduced recoil 2 3/4 " loads in your new SW and work yourself up to something that meets your anticipated threat needs. Everyone's needs differ so you must decide.

Strongly recommend you pattern your selected loads.

Just a side note to answer your other question. NSI makes "reduced" length 2 1/4" minibuck loads. I've never shot them and don't know if they will even cycle in a SW but they could be an alternative to aguila. But like aguila they are not cheap at just under a dollar a round if you can find them.

Regards

If you have a Cabelas nearby, they sell their 2.25" Herters 6-pellet 00 load. Picked up a couple of boxes for testing but haven't fired any yet.

Tomac

If you have a Cabelas nearby, they sell their 2.25" Herters 6-pellet 00 load. Picked up a couple of boxes for testing but haven't fired any yet.

Tomac

I`ll check at to see if Bass Pro has them....

SGAmmo carries NSI 2 1/4" 6 pellet 00, box of 10 for $8 plus shipping. These shoot soft and hit hard....I`ve only had one failure to feed and after further testing I think that was my fault.

102_9105.JPG

https://www.sgammo.com/product/12-g...pellet-00-buckshot-nobelsport-ammo-ans12200bk

Back