• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I Just Joined the Club

You know actually plastic would probably work just fine for this part if the follower is correctly designed.

The thin wall tubular design of this part guarantees that it is going to swell in diameter under Heat and that would be true regardless of what it was made from.

When I pulled it out it didn't look Rusty but it was a little oily.

Last edited:
To get mine out I had to stuff about 10 rounds up the tube and that finally forced it through.

I cleaned it up, deburred it and tried to stick it back in. It got about 1-inch and stuck fast.

I'll screw a little puller in there and yank it out.

I was going to make a follower but I may just order that stainless one. I guess I'm not really in a hurry.

I ordered mine and it got here in just a few days. I don't remember how long it was, but when I notified the seller that I had paid on paypal he sent it right out.

So far, me, accuracy and this rifle Have Not become acquainted. That being said mostly I've been trying to get it to feed properly rather than to shoot straight.

I will post today's Targets in the range reports thread later. They're not encouraging.

So far, me, accuracy and this rifle Have Not become acquainted. That being said mostly I've been trying to get it to feed properly rather than to shoot straight.

I will post today's Targets in the range reports thread later. They're not encouraging.

I am going to go in the opposite direction. Most loaders try for as fast as they can push a bullet, until accuracy falls off. I am not getting any acceptable accuracy going that route so my loads are going to be on the slow side. I will have to chronograph them and hopefully I will see better accuracy with my loads when I get down below 2000 fps. According to the calculations I may have better luck between 1500 and 1800 fps, so that is what I will try to load for. The chrony is the only way I can know what accuracy range is going to be best.

Also, I will be cooling the barrel every 2nd shot. The "first shot challenge" will be to find which load hits closest to the bull on the first shot...cold and clean. But I am lowering my expectations. If all I get is a flyer first shot then I will adjust my aim for the flyer.

Next I will be looking into trading it for a Marlin.

I will probably own a Marlin some day but I won't be getting rid of the Mossberg.

There's already a Sentimental attachment from all the work I've done.

I will post the above there also.

Back