• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I picked up my new 590A1

Ky james

.22LR
I picked up my 590A1 last week and took it to the range for patterning. It definitely liked the Federal LE132 00 and the Federal XM127 00AC. The Olin 00 military grade not so much (about twice the size at each yardage).

I have signed up to take a one on one tactical shotgun class today from a local training group. We will see how I (and the gun) do.

Grats.

I've not taken a shotgun class but have taken several handgun classes. Well worth the money. Go into it with a clear mind and absorb everything. It took me a couple classes to learn how much I didn't know.

Great shotgun. Use it well, and absorb all the training they can provide.

The Olin 00 military grade not so much (about twice the size at each yardage).

Yep, pretty much the norm.

Congrats, an ENJOY!

That's awesome Ky james. I'm glad you got it. I hope you post up about the experience at the shotgun course. I'd really like to hear pros and cons.

Shotgun ran fine on the course: no jam or no issues whatsoever. The class was pretty good. As good as you can with an indoor range class. It was an isolated range and it was just the instructor and I. We practiced room clearing, advancing while firing, and barricade use. Standard home defense situations.

Shotgun ran fine on the course: no jam or no issues whatsoever.

Excellent.

The class was pretty good. As good as you can with an indoor range class. It was an isolated range and it was just the instructor and I.

Personalized instruction is wonderful when you can get it.

We practiced room clearing, advancing while firing, and barricade use. Standard home defense situations.

I'm glad barricade use is recognized by your instructor. That is pretty cool. Advancing while firing is less important for home defense.

Shotgun ran fine on the course: no jam or no issues whatsoever. The class was pretty good. As good as you can with an indoor range class. It was an isolated range and it was just the instructor and I. We practiced room clearing, advancing while firing, and barricade use. Standard home defense situations.

That sounds like a worthwhile class. I am going to see what is available here in Richmond. A good wintertime activity!

Back