• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I was looking to buy a wood stock for my 590 but....

Iagent

I'm not sure if my 590 fits the stock.
The forend requires the 7 3/4" action slide tube.
Do you think my new 590 works with that?

Estate find.

Older Mossberg police style stock set. This came off an older M500 home defense

12 gauge. Corn Cobb type forend.

Will fit 509, 590 and Maverick 88's.

The forend requires the 7 3/4" action slide tube.

Stock screw included.

Attachments

• 590.jpg
    590.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 130
That looks really nice! If you like it, buy it. If the action slide tube isn't right, those are easy enough to come by.

I wouldn't say definitively that it is the longer action slide tube. I'd say I think that it is.

I just know very little about shotguns. I have no clue as to the problems that may arise by using this. All I know is that this is the stock I have always wanted on a pump shotgun.

Buy it and try it! If it works you'll have a sweet little shooter. If it doesn't you'll be able to sell the set no problem. Wood is a great look!!!!

It's beautiful! Buy the thing and pay whatever it costs for the action tube.

I was just looking at the Mossy, and realized that the black plastic keeps it light and looks uniform. I bought a safety, and thinking the shotgun really just about perfect for it's use, (Home Defense). Heat shield....Overkill. Wood...nice, but (more weight for a gun that nobody even sees). For now, I just need to get out and get comfortable with it. I'm going to throw some clays and break them up.
I really appreciate all of the help here though. This forum is very helpful and friendly. Thanks. I will stay around here.

What's a Mossberg 509 it says it fits 509 590 + 88.

It must be a 500 right?

Yeah. I'd guess they meant 500 also. I like the look of it.
index.php

That is a beautiful wood set. I would buy it. You can always change it back if you do not like it and TBH they do not weight much. The warmth and the wood grain texture would make for a more enjoyable shotgun not to mention the classic look and durability. This will fit your shotgun BTW. The newer 590/500 does have the longer action tubes. I'd be a jealous SOB seeing you post pictures of this furniture on your shotgun but for that very reason I say buy it. Either that or pass the deal on. It really is a beautiful set.

As long as you do not have a pinned forend you can make it work. If you have a short tube you can buy an extended nut.

If you have a pinned forend you will need a full tube assembly.

I don't believe the police shoulder stocks have checkering.

But it is a great looking stock set and I encourage him to buy it.

OP check out my post "WOOD FURNITURE PROJECT ON MY 500 PUSUADER". I'm biased of course but the wood look is so much better than the black plastic factory furniture.
If you want you can swap back and forth if you want to???

The 590 is a 7 5/8" tube. That fellow must have rounded it up a hair. Jerk your forearm off the action tube and measure yours from the back edge of the action bar collar to the front of the threads. It's 7 5/8". That set you had pictured fits yours. Great looking wood, too!

IMG_6321 2.jpg
Thanks to all who have helped me find the stock that I really wanted!

I found a second hand Police stock. A friend of mine told me that many Police units have converted their Mossberg 500 series weapons to bean bag blasters. They change to fully orange polymer stocks "Less lethal designation" and that's why there are stocks like this avail. I cleaned it up a bit and used some wipe on poly and now really like it. Thanks!

Last edited:
I like wood stocks on shotguns.

There's something about the traditional look of wood that plastic and stuff can't compete with because they just don't have the character.

I understand that plastic is more rot resistant. Lighter. But most importantly with the manufacturers; cheaper to make.

But the picture you added, looks so much better.

Back