• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'd like to shake this mans' hand

,,,,,,him and Ong for congress.
loved the way he took down the lib news guy. :)

carbinemike said:
Another guy I'd like to shake hands with...Keith Morgan. 12 minutes long but this guy is good ;)
I wish I was this smooth.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxDvwObwZk[/youtube]

One of the best pro-gun interviews I've ever seen. Bravo Sir.

I did shake his hand!
After his testimony I grabbed him in the hall and congratulated him on job well done.
Went and had a smoke with him.
He is a new friend, an MIT grad that works as a gunsmith.
His parents had fled Communist China and moved to the Philipines where he was born and raised.
It is great to see that his testimony has gone VIRAL!

Unfortunately ALL the time spent testifying before these "Working Groups" was nothing more than a SHAM!
These were all no more than a huge Dog & Pony show.
The correct process is for bills to be actually raised with text that says what they will do.
Nothing more has happened except for titles and bill numbers. There has been no text added and NONE of the bills out there have been raised.

My testimony that day was going to speak about a couple of these BS bills, especially the one that wants to add a 50% tax on ammo.

Here is a copy of what I submitted:

My name is Leonard Benedetto, I am a resident of Stratford.
I am also a Founding Member and the Vice President of Connecticut Citizens Defense League. The states largest Grassroots pro 2A organization. With membership of over 3500 and counting.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Gun Violence Prevention Working Group thank you for having this hearing today. I appreciate you giving us an opportunity to speak with you on this very important subject.

The insane act of one teenager has turned our state and country up side down. There have been over 100 gun related bills submitted by yourselves and the rest of the legislature. Having read them, I know that some of you have already made up your minds about what you wish to impose upon us legal gun owners. So I suspect that plenty of the testimony today will “fall on deaf ears”.

Due to this large number of bills, I feel to discuss many of them is not possible in my allotted time.

I would like to mention the bill that is looking to tax ammunition at a 50% rate.
Ammunition is already taxed TWICE. We pay the state sales tax, as well as a federally mandated 11% tax due to the Pittman–Robertson Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937.

I am a state champion Trap shooter. My wife is a champion Trap shooter as well. We shoot Thousands of shells a week to maintain our proficiency and compete at this sport.
In Connecticut the season runs from April till October but we practice all year long.
At a cost of $6 to $9 a box of ammunition now. A 50% increase in cost would make the sport, that we love and practice, as much as possible, a thing of the past for us. Financially we could not afford the cost. Considering that we are champions and winners in this sport, we would also be losing prize money by not competing.

I would also like to mention briefly, any bill or bills that limits the capacity of a magazine to 10 rounds or less.

Many of my handguns were manufactured with a standard capacity magazine that hold MORE THAN 10 rounds. These are NOT high capacity, they are STANDARD CAPACITY and what the gun was designed to hold.

In conclusion:
I have been actively involved in the legislative process for only four years now.
Though I have testified enough to know that normally we get to testify on exact bills. I certainly hope that when this "NEW TO ALL OF US" process is completed and the Task Force on Gun Violence has made all its recommendations, that we will have a chance to testify again on the individual bills.
To discuss every bill that has been proposed in this short amount of time is impossible.

If we do not get this chance, then I feel that our rights to be heard will have been infringed.

Thank you,
Leonard Benedetto
Vice President
Connecticut Citizens
Defense League, Inc.
Email: VP@CCDL.US
http://www.ccdl.us

Having woke up at 5am
Left my house at 6am
Made it to the capitol for 7am
In the lottery for my turn to talk I picked 1227 of 1500
So by the time I spoke around 11pm this is what came out of my mouth:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0RAo6traU[/youtube]

When I was through testifying, the Representative from NEWTOWN that was sitting on this committee sent me a message on Facebook that he AGREED with me that we should have proper hearings on these gun bills!

That message confirmed my worse fears! WE WILL NOT GET THAT CHANCE!

Great testimony LTB I gave it a thumbs up (StalkingGame).

At this point sham or not all we can do is keep fighting. I don't think it's in any of or our nature to just sit back and do nothing even against the wall we now find ourselves up against.

As they say, I may be killed with my own gun but they will have beaten me with it because it'll be empty.

Thanks for all the hard work and everything you and your organization is doing LTB !!!!

We are watching in Oregon and you have our support all the way !!!

A very impressive thread. Though I cannot testify I can continue to write and call and I will make time to continue on that front today!

I've glanced around, and haven't seen this particular video on here.. This is another guy I would be honored to shake hands with.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhXPlCjr0Vw[/youtube]

great post.thank you. that has to be the best i've seen on telling it how it is.

These are some great clips. It is too bad the governmental process is no longer of the people and for the people...

LogicallyInsane said:
I've glanced around, and haven't seen this particular video on here.. This is another guy I would be honored to shake hands with.

I met Bill a few days before this. He lives across the street from friends of ours in Newtown. This neighborhood had a meeting with their state Rep. Mitch Bolinsky to discuss what is happening.
Being founding members of CCDL (My wife & I ) we were invited.

After the meeting I found out that Bill was the only person from the neighborhood that was already a CCDL member (besides our friends that is). Just to be VERY CLEAR here, he is SERIOUS about the "Cold Dead Hand" statement.

If this does turn into another civil war, he is ex-army and ready for it.

LogicallyInsane said:

Excellect video, thanks for posting this.

Great video LTB45 and a great speech he gave! Your CT Constitution reads almost, if not exactly, like the one we have in PA for gun rights. Very plain language and no mention of militia for moron's to misinterpret. God speed in stopping them from ignoring it.

I finally was able to watch the video of Mr. Ong!

Amazing and inspiring! With guys like this out there, the only way more restrictive and controlling legislation can be passed is if facts and truth is completely ignored.

thanks for sharing these vids, guys. all three videos are great! i especially enjoyed Kieth Morgan's interview. he absolutely smashed every argument his opponent tried to make! nice!

Back