• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

If Romney were to be elected....

Tom396

.30-06
If Mitt Romney were to win the 2012 election, do you think there would be a sudden decrease in firearm and/or ammunition demand? Think availability would become less of an issue than it is now?

Personally, I'm thinking it would immediately ease the demand quite a bit. I'm also thinking firearm company stock values would drop a bit too. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Please elaborate on you thought process about your post for me if you will...

My thoughts are this....

Personally given his flip flop positions and his stance towards "tough gun laws" he's going to flop if he's elected. His words..."I believe the people should have the right to bear arms, but I don't believe that we have to have assault weapons as part of our personal arsenal. … In my state I just signed a piece of legislation extending the ban on certain assault weapons in our state."
"That's not going to make me the hero of the NRA," (referring to the National Rifle Association.) "I don't line up with a lot of special interest groups."

I would not consider him a fellow "hunter" either. Small varmints isn't really hunting, it's pest control.

We are going to get the shaft no matter who is elected because of a batch of bad apples in the lot.

They all lie. And flop once elected. :evil:

Thank you Ripjack. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I still wish there was a ballot for:

NONE OF THE ABOVE

ripjack13 said:
Please elaborate on you thought process about your post for me if you will.

My thought is that, compared to the extreme alternative, most folks aren't going to feel that continued firearm ownership will be nearly as big of an issue. While I don't necessarily think Romney will fight for gun owner rights, I also don't think he'll work hard against them either.

I believe most folks are convinced that as long as Obama sits in the White House, they probably ought to make their purchases now. I take it that your thought is that a Romney election will not lessen the current heavy demand for firearms and ammunition? Take care. Tom Worthington.

No...I dont think so. Unless that UN law/treaty is actually going to happen. If it does there's going to a messy situation on our hands.

Wow...so many great points. I don't think Romney will agressively target guns or flip flop yet again. The only plus I recall from Clinton's '94 ban was that every politician knows what happened to him in the mid term election.

A friend that works in the defense industry indicated that a lot of the ammo prices were being driven up by the 2 wars not to mention sharp global price hikes on the raw material, particularly brass. A Romney win and end to the wars may bring some ammo price relief...hopefully. An Obama win and/or UN treaty sell out and I think we'll be wishing for 2012 prices to return. The same probably goes for guns and accessories.

carbinemike said:
A Romney win and end to the wars may bring some ammo price relief...hopefully.

Frankly, I don't envision any improvement in pricing, regardless of how things go. I am crossing my fingers that at least availability might significantly improve, though. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Not voting for Obama...again. There's nothing good out of his run.

Back